Should I continue t...

Notifications
Clear all

Should I continue this regimen? Tips,advice

MemberMember
(@taylofry)

Posted : 07/09/2016 9:06 pm

I started the regimen maybe a little over a month ago. At first it wasn't doing anything besides irritating my skin and sort of making it worse, then out of no where it started clearing me up, I was clear for a week tops. My breakouts started acting up again. I wasn't doing anything different I was following the regimen step by step. I don't really get why it's starting to get bad again, I mean my sleep has been a bit off I'm quite the insomniac but I don't really think that has anything to do with it. I upped the dosage as I was just using a little in the beginning as directed and when it started to get worse I worked my way up to two doses, which isn't helping even though I'm using the recommended amount. My skin got so disgustingly dry so today I was a bit bad and tried to as gently as possible exfoliate with a wash cloth, I couldn't take the dryness anymore my face was like falling off lol! The moisturizer clumps on to the skin and doesn't help. I read that you could use as much moisturizer as needed throughout the day so I did and i think it did more harm than good :( I'm sort of babbling right now. I'm at my breaking point with this acne! I have a dermatologist app to see if I can start accutane but don't think I'm a good candidate for it for personal reasons. I really wanted this to work for me, I've tried so much and my acne is consuming my life. It's not nearly as bad when it first started but it's still not great or how it was before hand. I've had acne for only a year, hit me like a train. 17 years old, these are suppose to be my good years and I just spend my time hiding from the world. Am I doing something wrong or is the product just a one time work thing? 

MemberMember
(@hong-nam)

Posted : 07/09/2016 10:12 pm

Im an asian and im using this regimen. Dont give up, i was in a freaking bad breakout and dryness 4 weeks a ago. I think u should stop using it for 3 or 4 day for ur skin to recover and start again with a small amount of BP treatment, just once a day at night for 2 weeks. Contact me if u need some help ill show u my routine. Hope ull better

MemberMember
(@taylofry)

Posted : 07/10/2016 10:50 am

12 hours ago, Ho ng Nam said:

Im an asian and im using this regimen. Dont give up, i was in a freaking bad breakout and dryness 4 weeks a ago. I think u should stop using it for 3 or 4 day for ur skin to recover and start again with a small amount of BP treatment, just once a day at night for 2 weeks. Contact me if u need some help ill show u my routine. Hope ull better 

I am worried that if I stop using it my acne will come back full force if not worse and the treatment won't work for me at all. I've read that it happen to a lot of people :(

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 07/11/2016 10:06 am

Keep pushing! I broke out my worst at my 4th and 5th week and I almost stopped. Thankfully I didn't and it was the best decision I ever made. If the dryness is getting bad, then moisturize moisturize and moisturize. You can always add more moisturizer throughout the day if your skin calls for it. I recommend adding in some jojoba oil too. It really helps with the dryness.

Also, since you are already a month into it, AHA has been a big help to me in regards to flakes and dryness and red acne marks that are left behind by acne.

MemberMember
(@taylofry)

Posted : 07/12/2016 8:14 am

My breakout is on one side of my face mostly and it's kind of painful. They're not coming to a head. Did yours do this? And thank you for the advice

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 07/12/2016 9:51 am

Mine was painful as well. I had cystic acne and none of them came to a head so I couldn't relieve the pressure. Its unfortunate but I pushed through it and I'm sure you can too!

MemberMember
(@taylofry)

Posted : 07/12/2016 8:10 pm

Do you think I'll be fine just putting it on the one side that's breaking out? I don't see why I should continue irritating the other side with BP if it's not posing much of a problem. I just ordered curology and the derm said its not recommended to use BP along with it when I start it so if it doesn't get better some what in two weeks I'm going to stop it regimen..:/ 

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 07/13/2016 9:55 am

You can try using the BP on one side of the face, however in my case the breakouts just spread to the place where I didn't apply BP. So I really did have to apply the regimen to my whole face.

Totally up to you on what products you use but the regimen does require at least 3-4 months to really manage breakouts. But my advice...Give the regimen a fair chance to clear you. I was close to stopping too but I ended up putting up with the process and it cleared me finally...and kept me clear 3+ years later.

MemberMember
(@hong-nam)

Posted : 07/16/2016 10:16 am

Dont worry, just keep going. You need more patience

MemberMember
(@mmmon)

Posted : 07/18/2016 9:46 am

On July 9, 2016 at 10:06 PM, Taylofry said:

I've had acne for only a year, hit me like a train. 17 years old, these are suppose to be my good years and I just spend my time hiding from the world. Am I doing something wrong or is the product just a one time work thing?

You have to have patience. Also make sure to evaluate your diet. Additionally, life is so much better at 30 than 17.

chin up!