Notifications
Clear all

Freckle / mole implants to cover up ice pick scarring

MemberMember
(@skinskinskinskinskinskinskin)

Posted : 07/08/2016 3:02 pm

Anyone know anything about these? I know it exists but I cant find any information on them at all. In theory you could use them to cover over small depressed scarring like ice pick or scarred pores especially around the nose area

e.g. xyNJcmT.jpg

MemberMember
(@ommmmmm)

Posted : 07/08/2016 11:03 pm

In my experience 50% TCA Cross works like a charm for scarred pores around the nose area. At least I've had great luck with it. Interesting idea though...

MemberMember
(@skindeeply)

Posted : 07/18/2016 7:44 am

Wow! That's actually super cute. While I say this with shame, I have admittedly on occasion used a brown-coloured sharpie to cover depressed scars...for something like a photo shoot or a date. 

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 07/18/2016 4:05 pm

In the Renaissance era people used to have tiny cut outs of stars, hearts and other shapes to cover smallpox marks.
btw have you guys ever seen what smallpox does to a person...thank god that's dead!!!

MemberMember

Posted : 07/19/2016 4:22 am

20 hours ago, SkinDeeply said:

Wow! That's actually super cute. While I say this with shame, I have admittedly on occasion used a brown-coloured sharpie to cover depressed scars...for something like a photo shoot or a date. 

how could a sharpie cover up depressed scars, it would just make it look worse?

i cant find any PS who does this implant otherwise i would probably do it, i dont even know if its something put into the skin or tatoo'd on which wouldnt do much

MemberMember
(@skindeeply)

Posted : 07/19/2016 5:02 am

31 minutes ago, SKINSKINSKINSKINSKINSKINSKIN said:

i cant find any PS who does this implant otherwise i would probably do it, i dont even know if its something put into the skin or tatoo'd on which wouldnt do much

Believe it or not, it totally makes it disappear because it makes it harder for the eye to register the skin texture difference. I just lightly apply some corn starch over the scar (to absorb oil and keep it from dissolving the ink), spritz with setting spray, and then dot it with the sharpie. Then powder it and give it one more spritz of setting spray. It stays put for many hours. I actually got the idea from a Sex and the City episode where Carrie talks about doing this to cover blemishes.

Everything I could find online about these freckles seems to be for beauty marks made using permanent makeup (so, like a semi-permanent tattoo)? I imagine henna would have a similar (though less permanent) effect.

MemberMember
(@paula-b-2)

Posted : 07/19/2016 5:47 am

1 hour ago, SKINSKINSKINSKINSKINSKINSKIN said:

I think you can get something put into the skin, too. I'm just not sure what the fake moles are made of. You can also tattoo it on, but yeah, that doesn't really solve anything.

MemberMember

Posted : 07/19/2016 6:43 am

54 minutes ago, Paula B. said:
I think you can get something put into the skin, too. I'm just not sure what the fake moles are made of. You can also tattoo it on, but yeah, that doesn't really solve anything.

well you are trading a hole in the skin for a small brown dot. id do that in a heartbeat if it was some sort of material stamped onto the skin that would cover the hole. Freckles are youthful and socially acceptable mutiple ice picks in your face however is not

MemberMember
(@paula-b-2)

Posted : 07/19/2016 9:44 am

Yeah, I'm pretty sure anyone would prefer a mole instead of an ice pick; what I meant was... I think mole implants are a thing and there are doctors who do them, but the whole thing is not exactly popular, because most people choose to remove their freckles and moles. So there's limited information about the procedure online. You could maybe ask on Realself :P.

MemberMember
(@skindeeply)

Posted : 07/19/2016 1:34 pm

3 hours ago, Paula B. said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure anyone would prefer a mole instead of an ice pick; what I meant was... I think mole implants are a thing and there are doctors who do them, but the whole thing is not exactly popular, because most people choose to remove their freckles and moles. So there's limited information about the procedure online. You could maybe ask on Realself :P.

Realself--good idea. That sounds like a very funky procedure Like, I can't imagine what the mole material would be.

MemberMember
(@angelinna)

Posted : 07/19/2016 2:57 pm

9 hours ago, SkinDeeply said:
Believe it or not, it totally makes it disappear because it makes it harder for the eye to register the skin texture difference. I just lightly apply some corn starch over the scar (to absorb oil and keep it from dissolving the ink), spritz with setting spray, and then dot it with the sharpie. Then powder it and give it one more spritz of setting spray. It stays put for many hours. I actually got the idea from a Sex and the City episode where Carrie talks about doing this to cover blemishes.

This is a great idea! I'm gonna try this, except I don't know if I want to use a sharpie, might not look as natural as with a pencil.

MemberMember
(@paula-b-2)

Posted : 07/19/2016 3:08 pm

1 hour ago, SkinDeeply said:
Realself--good idea. That sounds like a very funky procedure Like, I can't imagine what the mole material would be.

I'm going to take the plunge and ask the question myself. Let's hope I get a decent answer, not just the regular "The gold standard in treating scars is the CO2 laser; in other words that's all we know how to do and most of the times, we fail at that too 'cause YOLO".

I asked the question. I have no clue where to find the link to it lol. Apparently, I'm going to get an email when a doctor answers, so I'll keep you all posted.

MemberMember

Posted : 07/19/2016 3:41 pm

32 minutes ago, Paula B. said:
I'm going to take the plunge and ask the question myself. Let's hope I get a decent answer, not just the regular "The gold standard in treating scars is the CO2 laser; in other words that's all we know how to do and most of the times, we fail at that too 'cause YOLO".

I asked the question. I have no clue where to find the link to it lol. Apparently, I'm going to get an email when a doctor answers, so I'll keep you all posted.

thank you, imagine if this takes off and becomes a craze. I can even see people without scarring paying for this

MemberMember
(@paula-b-2)

Posted : 07/20/2016 2:30 am

10 hours ago, SKINSKINSKINSKINSKINSKINSKIN said:
thank you, imagine if this takes off and becomes a craze. I can even see people without scarring paying for this

No problem, let's just hope doctors will actually answer.

And I'd totally pay for this, scars or no scars. I actually don't have any ice picks and the scars I wanna get rid off are pretty wide so unless I get about 5 huge moles implanted on my face, I don't see this working very well for me... maybe for some scarred pores it'd be great though. But I'd still want some moles anyway 'cause they look super cute! Also, imagine people who had their freckles and moles removed asking for them back, when this trend takes off xD

Maybe we should trademark this procedure under acne.org lol.

MemberMember
(@skindeeply)

Posted : 07/20/2016 8:55 pm

On 7/19/2016 at 2:57 PM, Angelinna said:
This is a great idea! I'm gonna try this, except I don't know if I want to use a sharpie, might not look as natural as with a pencil.

Get it, girl. The only reason pencil can be tricky is because it slides off your face in about 5 minutes--even if you're not particularly oily. Maybe waterproof gel liner though? If you go to an artist's supply store, you'll find many markers, pens, and ink pots in all shades of brown. They also carry basic henna kits at Whole Foods and Trader Joe's.

MemberMember
(@paula-b-2)

Posted : 07/22/2016 4:39 am

Hey guys, here's the question on Realself:
https://www.realself.com/question/romania-ro-mole-implants-cover-small-depressed-scars