Notifications
Clear all

Subcision and TCA cross same day

MemberMember
(@guzm0268)

Posted : 07/07/2016 11:19 pm

In one week i plan on doing subcision and TCA cross.
Is doing suctioning effective when TCA would be present? Or would it be best not to do suctioning. I will of course ask my doctor this but want your opinions too.
Also, any tips for preperation for those who have done this? Thanks, i plan to update this.

MemberMember
(@pct14)

Posted : 07/09/2016 6:30 pm

Probably best not to disturb the scars that are treated with TCA, you don't want to pull or brush off any of the resulting scabs. Really will depend on how much the two treatments overlap the same area of skin.

guzm0268 liked
MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 07/12/2016 10:12 pm

Would love to see your results on this.

guzm0268 liked
MemberMember
(@guzm0268)

Posted : 07/13/2016 10:04 pm

the day is almost here, getting excited.
Im starting to look at fillers now, since i read subcison alone is not effective? Thoughts ?

MemberMember
(@pct14)

Posted : 07/13/2016 10:29 pm

Subcision alone can be effective, but a lot of people recommend combining it with either suction or filler for better results.Subcision + filler and TCA cross can all be performed in a single treatment, but they will be targetting different types of scars. Subcision + filler for boxcar and rolling scars, and TCA cross for ice picks.If you are unable to suction your scars because of the TCA or do not have the time to devote to suctioning and dealing with the prolonged bruising, I would seriously think about subcision + filler.

MemberMember
(@guzm0268)

Posted : 07/13/2016 11:01 pm

30 minutes ago, PCT14 said:

Subcision alone can be effective, but a lot of people recommend combining it with either suction or filler for better results.Subcision + filler and TCA cross can all be performed in a single treatment, but they will be targetting different types of scars. Subcision + filler for boxcar and rolling scars, and TCA cross for ice picks.If you are unable to suction your scars because of the TCA or do not have the time to devote to suctioning and dealing with the prolonged bruising, I would seriously think about subcision + filler.

Yeah I'm looking into fillers now, do you know of any SAFE ones?
If I'm doing this might as well do it the right way.

random question to any one, can subcision be done on the temple? Like, would it help my scarring?

MemberMember
(@ommmmmm)

Posted : 07/13/2016 11:51 pm

You could alsodo subcision + suctionthe first coupletreatmentsand see how much your own body can fill in the scars. You could then followthat with subcision + filler at a later treatment andyou wouldlikely need less filler than you would have the first time. Filler is expensive so it depends on your budget. If suctioning isn't an option though then I would definitely go with the filler. If you have a lot of TCA Cross scars then suctioning won't be an option near those areas and filler instead of suctioning might be the way to go. Keep the TCA Cross wounds moist with Vaseline/aquaphor for optimal healing. Haha confusing... just know none of these options are wrong. Let us know what you decide!

guzm0268 and PCT14 liked
MemberMember
(@guzm0268)

Posted : 07/13/2016 11:58 pm

10 minutes ago, Ommmmmm said:

You could alsodo subcision + suctionthe first coupletreatmentsand see how much your own body can fill in the scars. You could then followthat with subcision + filler at a later treatment andyou wouldlikely need less filler than you would have the first time. Filler is expensive so it depends on your budget. If suctioning isn't an option though then I would definitely go with the filler. If you have a lot of TCA Cross scars then suctioning won't be an option near those areas and filler instead of suctioning might be the way to go. Keep the TCA Cross wounds moist with Vaseline/aquaphor for optimal healing. Haha confusing... just know none of these options are wrong. Let us know what you decide!

Yeah, thats a good point. I do plan to buy a derminator as well, so I'm thinking no filler and try needling a month or two after the tca and subcision.
Thanks for the advice guys

MemberMember
(@pct14)

Posted : 07/13/2016 11:59 pm

I would call your dermatologist to see which fillers they prefer and then make another post here about those specific fillers.

Subcision can definitely be done on the temples, some of the wider scars on your temple may benefit from it, hard for me to say 100% though.

And Omm is right, all of these are great options. They can also be performed multiple times and don't necessarily need to be performed in a single treatment.

MemberMember
(@guzm0268)

Posted : 07/16/2016 11:02 am

Day 1:
The procedures i did were subcision, we did that on most of the scars except some on the temple the area below. On the ice pick scars we did TCA cross with a high concentration (forgot to ask%). The consultation was about 30 minutes long, i asked if its a good idea to combine suction or a filler with subcision, he advised to just to subcision/TCA alone first to see if it will work on its own. He said suctioning works in theory and that it might but that there are not enough studies to support that.

Anyways, the most "painful" part were the numbing injection(s). The subcision i felt nothing, but did hear a lot, and i could tell there was blood too. The TCA only stinged a little but it was tolerable. We covered the areas for pressure which he told me might help.

Now my question(s): Should i do suctioning on the areas with out TCA? What ointment should i use for the TCA? Should i take any supplements to help the healing? Below is how look now. Will update in a few days. Im glad i did this.

MemberMember
(@ommmmmm)

Posted : 07/21/2016 2:42 am

How's the healing going? It usually takes2-4+ weeks to completely heal from TCA cross. Feels like a long process.I keep the wounds/scabs moist with vaseline or aquaphor and find that makes a big difference.

MemberMember
(@guzm0268)

Posted : 07/21/2016 4:46 pm

On 7/21/2016 at 2:42 AM, Ommmmmm said:

How's the healing going? It usually takes2-4+ weeks to completely heal from TCA cross. Feels like a long process.I keep the wounds/scabs moist with vaseline or aquaphor and find that makes a big difference.

Update Day 6:
Its going ok. Most of the swelling has gone down on my left side except for a lump in the temple but its not too bad i think they will go away with time. The right side has three lumps, the upper ones are bigger and dark. They were all there almost immediately after the procedures. I have read that these can take months to fully heal so that sucks, but i did read that this is good because now the scars are less likely to retether. I do notice that these lumps are all in the areas where i had rolling scars. The TCA has began to peel and some look red and bigger but i read this is normal and results won't show for about a month. I apply topicals and suction. I think its working. I had the hardest time finding something to suction with so i recommend a bee sting extractor pump, they work great. I bought mine at Dicks sporting goods for $17. I see good results on my left side, but ultimate results take time.

does any body have experience with pro longed bumps from subcision? Any advice would help.

does any body have experience with pro longed bumps from subcision? Any advice would help.

MemberMember
(@ommmmmm)

Posted : 07/21/2016 11:43 pm

Wow, your progress looks great. You're right the TCA cross spots look worse for a while but they do keep filling in. Keep it up and I think you'll get great improvement.

MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 08/02/2016 5:52 am

Hey I have a few questions for you if you don't mind. I have similar scarring and am looking to have the same exact procedures done. If you don't mind me asking which doctor did you use? Also do you have any updated pictures?I would love to hear from you.

MemberMember
(@guzm0268)

Posted : 08/23/2016 8:52 pm

Next Friday will be 6 weeks. I am happy with the results so far. The TCA filled ice picks are still noticible but i feel like they will heal nicely over time. I still have the same lumps i had on my cheeks, they are just getting slowly smaller. The dark one is still lightly dark. I added cupping to my plan since about week 2 or 3. I feel like cupping has helped too. I continued to suction daily up until week 5 and i do it about 3 times a week now. I use HA serum and reviva alpha lipoid acid cream daily. I take 25mg zinc, vitamin C and D daily. I feel like the creams and vitamins have helped.

MemberMember
(@pct14)

Posted : 08/24/2016 2:44 pm

Kinda difficult to see in that picture but your results look really good. Going to be even more impressive once the pigmentation returns to normal.