Notifications
Clear all

Post Accutane Bumps?

MemberMember
(@catalinamariah)

Posted : 07/06/2016 10:29 pm

Okay so prior to taking Accutane I'd only have one or two really stubborn pimples and that was it. After finishing Accutane my face looks like this. I know it's nasty, that's why I'm hoping for some advice or someone else this has happened to or what anyone even thinks this is? It's like a gazillion bumps with a few big ones. You can really only notice it in sunlight and at certain angles. I went to my derm and he prescribed me stuff but it isn't working at all. Help!? 

20160630_194122.jpg

MemberMember
(@prayingforcure)

Posted : 07/06/2016 10:58 pm

How long ago did you finish accutane and what was the length and dose of your treatment? Also, do those bumps come and go? They look just like tiny pimples to me.

MemberMember
(@catalinamariah)

Posted : 07/07/2016 6:34 pm

@prayingforcure I think I did about a 5 month course 80 mg a day. It's been about 6 months and these showed up 3 months ago and have been constant. I just don't get it because my skin was NEVER like this BEFORE Accutane.

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 07/08/2016 8:46 am

I have very similar skin to this and I have no idea how to treat it. Mines started from a topical retinoid. What did your dermatologist give you for this? Did they just come out of the blue?
I suggest looking up "facial keratosis pilaris" and "pityrosporum folliculitus" and see if you feel there are any similarities there.

MemberMember
(@moomoocow)

Posted : 07/09/2016 12:13 am

Im suffering the same exact thing. I believe its keratosis pilaris but it was forming after quitting tazorac.

MemberMember
(@catalinamariah)

Posted : 07/12/2016 9:24 pm

Yepp came out of nowhere after Accutane and I extensively looked up keratosis pilaris. I'm pretty sure that's what it is. He gave me an internal and external antibiotic and then a cream for eczema/keratosis. Hasn't helped at all. I'm sooo mad. Took Accutane to get rid of acne and it gave me this, which is worse cause it won't go away.

MemberMember
(@catalinamariah)

Posted : 07/12/2016 11:30 pm

Does anyone know how to get rid of it?

MemberMember
(@moomoocow)

Posted : 07/17/2016 6:13 am

Just found out i was able to get rid most of it or somewhatflatten them down by using lac hydrin5 lotionnthe morningand paula bha 2% liquid in the evening. When i woke up today, i was amazed at the result.

MemberMember
(@catalinamariah)

Posted : 07/18/2016 7:44 pm

I'll try that, thank you.

MemberMember
(@catalinamariah)

Posted : 07/20/2016 10:21 pm

Moomoocow can you send me a link to the bha that you use and also do you moisturize with the hydrin when you use it at night too?