Notifications
Clear all

How come there is no national acne day?

MemberMember
(@koloz)

Posted : 07/03/2016 10:32 pm

Cancer and AIDS patients get national recognition but we don't. Actually skin diseases in general don't. psoriasis eczema etc. To me acne is life threatening because it made me suicidal and homicidal.

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 07/04/2016 9:28 am

Cause acne isnt something people like to talk about...in fact some people think its our own " fault"...which is sadly ignorant. I don't really want to celebrate it to be honest. I mean, I get what you're saying but most people would say cancer and AIDS are worse.
I think we should have Jonas Salk day.

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 07/08/2016 2:45 pm

Hey man I understand how you feel. Id be lying if I said I never had violent thoughts because of my skin before, but this world has way too much violence already. Its really out of control. Ive been watching the news of the Dallas shooting all day and Im totally fed up. It just has to stop already.

Youre not alone. Youre not bad for feeling the way you do, but there is no place for violence,

MemberMember
(@unspecified)

Posted : 07/20/2016 8:53 pm

Battling something like cancer is seen as brave and courageous, whereas acne isn't seen as a "real problem" by those who have never had to suffer from it and feel depressed or suicidal because of it. No, acne is not life threatening, but neither is being overweight (excluding severe cases/obesity), but if there is body positivity why isn't there skin positivity? It's never fair.