Notifications
Clear all

Thoughts on this?

MemberMember
(@scarface65567)

Posted : 07/03/2016 7:49 pm

I just ordered dermaflage single concealer online- has anyone used this product before? does it help hide facial scarring at all? also do you guys think we will ever reach a point where there is a 100 percent cure for facial scarring? meaning it returns to normal skin?

MemberMember
(@yth)

Posted : 07/05/2016 3:04 am

Dermaflage is considered the standard and used by a lot of people in the entertainment industry, it is supposed to bebe very effective at hiding scarring and imperfections though I have no experience with it myself.
As far as a "cure" for scarring, I do believe we will be able to achieve this one day, or at least significantly evolve on the current technologies we are dabbling in - LaViv, Javista, stem cells, etc.
Another possibility is the advancement of topical medicines to prevent scarring in the first place.
We've been studying cancer extensively for years and still can't figure out how to tell the cancer cells to revert to healthy cells, it will unfortunately be a while before we see this kind of headway in the medical field but it would be revolutionary and many are working towards making this a real possibility.

MemberMember
(@ambergris)

Posted : 07/05/2016 4:19 am

Its not worth it right now in its early stages. One day I'm sure they will perfect the formula and make it better for acne scars. Its a hassle to use and it takes hours to get it right so I just gave up on it.

MemberMember
(@fleurverte)

Posted : 07/05/2016 5:15 pm

Dermaflage looks fake... I thought it would help but instead makes me more depressed. I prefer a good primer, and not even this can cover my acne scars for good :(

MemberMember
(@paula-b-2)

Posted : 07/05/2016 6:03 pm

I've tried it twice and it just looks weird... I have a few small boxcars, but they are very noticeable, especially since they are still red! Dermaflage fills them in but you can clearly see there is SOMETHING on my face. I'm going to try it again.

Fleurverte, what primer are you using, if you don't mind me asking? :)

MemberMember
(@paula-b-2)

Posted : 07/05/2016 6:35 pm

Hei beautifulambition, do you mean the Dermablend cover cream thing? Wouldn't that just sink in the scars? And is the Porefessional really that good at making scars less obvious? I keep reading good things about it, but I'm so skeptical. You seem to know what you're talking about, so I'm curious how well they worked for you :D

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@paula-b-2)

Posted : 07/05/2016 7:03 pm

Thank you so much! I luckily do not have any fat loss, I think (?). I got an infection 3 months ago and the skin healed quite badly. I am left with a few wide boxcars on my face from 2nd intention healing or something like that, no rolling nor ice picks. Does that mean fat loss? Now, I do have some mild scarring from picking at pimples, but to be fair, I've never noticed it until my infection and I am ok with that.

My plastic surgeon said fillers wouldn't work on my scars, but he didn't say why. Instead, he did a TCA peel after my skin healed, with minimal improvement. He suggested 3-5 sessions, but it's expensive and from what I've read, not super helpful. I asked my dermatologist and she said she doesn't want to do fillers either, because my scars are so new and (hopefully) I have a big chance of improvement if we act fast. I'm having my first PRP and dermapen treatment tomorrow. Nevertheless, I haven't worn any makeup since the infection happened and I feel like I forgot how to all together lol. But I really want to live my life while treating this shit, so any help in covering them is much appreciated. Thank you!

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 07/05/2016 7:20 pm

What can be done if the filler looks bad and unnatural? Or is its needs to be placed in a part of the face that moves a lot? Or if you have muscle loss in addition to fat loss?

This creates a whole new set of problems, because the filler won't move properly (as in my case)

MemberMember
(@paula-b-2)

Posted : 07/05/2016 7:24 pm

If you have fat loss, wouldn't fat transfer be a good possible solution? I haven't read too much about it, but it seems ok in theory.

MemberMember
(@paula-b-2)

Posted : 07/05/2016 8:12 pm

Yes, I know fat is not 100% saved by your body, but I think in the long run it might be less expensive than fillers? I haven't researched this very much, but, oh my, $3000 per surgery! I'm from Romania and here, it costs somewhere between $500 - $1000 (still super expensive, if you ask me). Nevertheless, if fillers work for you, you should totally keep it up.

I know we've pretty much changed the dermaflage subject, so I'm going to ask something else again. I've read about enzymes for fibrotic scar tissue, such as Serrapeptase. Would that have any positive effect on the healing of acne scars, especially while treating them? This enzyme is supposed to speed up tissue repair and digest the proteins that form scar tissue. It's worth looking more into it :)

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 07/05/2016 9:20 pm

I tried freezing my whole forehead with Botox. It didn't work. Even the slightest movement (smile, blink, etc) causes the scar to contract and divot even deeper. The plastic surgeon won't do Botox any lower near the brow due to potential eyebrow droop.

so there's no solution for the torn muscle/movement issue?

i tried a laser over the filler and it ruined the filler.

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 07/06/2016 10:52 am

Surgery to cut the muscle sounds like a very drastic measure, especially since so many people here think my issue is so minor (obviously I don't think it's minor). By surgery do you mean another scar exicision? Why would I go down that road if it already failed once?

what do you mean by implant? This is the first I've ever heard of this (other than a cheek or chin implant). But I've never heard of an implant for a scar or in the forehead.

Just out of curiosity, where are you coming up with these suggestions/information? Do you have a medical background or are you studying cosmetic/plastic surgery? Not trying to discredit you, but I am very research driven and am interested in knowing your sources of information.

MemberMember
(@fleurverte)

Posted : 07/07/2016 2:46 pm

On 7/6/2016 at 1:03 AM, Paula B. said:

I've tried it twice and it just looks weird... I have a few small boxcars, but they are very noticeable, especially since they are still red! Dermaflage fills them in but you can clearly see there is SOMETHING on my face. I'm going to try it again.

Fleurverte, what primer are you using, if you don't mind me asking? :)

Hey Paula B., 
For me instant smooth by clarins is better than dermaflage.  I have tried my share amount of primers and none work as good. The porefessional is less effective the same as the smashbox primers and the tarte one...  Just try to play with it until you get it and dont forget to let it "cook" for some minutes. 

Paula B. liked