Notifications
Clear all

Help please

MemberMember
(@homer1125)

Posted : 06/29/2016 8:04 am

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg I am 18 and I've had acne when i was 16 and back then when i went to a dermatologist got a medication and it cleared up my skin pretty good. But then few months ago my skin started to breakout again.. I think it was because of my increased calories in my diet or its because i used to wash my face in really cold water. Probably both.. But now i wash my face with lukewarm water and always moisturize but its not getting any better.
what should i do to make my skin clear up again. Should use a mud soap? I heard those are very effective. Please help!!

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 06/29/2016 3:36 pm

What did your Dr give you? Was it antibiotics?
Try using mild cleanser twice a day and some topical like salicylic acid or benzol peroxide. Try to limit dairy.
If that doesn't help in a month or so go to your doctor and ask for topical acne treatment or oral antibiotics.

MemberMember
(@homer1125)

Posted : 06/29/2016 11:46 pm

Doctor gave me a powdered enzyme cleanser and a gel with clindamycin in it
amd when i used them back then my acne cleared up within 2 weeks

MemberMember
(@pastelbun22)

Posted : 06/30/2016 2:03 am

If you can go back to the derm and get what helped you before, then that might be best. Otherwise 2.5% benzoyl peroxide or 2% saylicylic acid pads might help to start with. Maybe both together, but be careful when trying them out. Probably separately first to see if they are okay. And mild cleanser, with non comedogenic moisturizer like you use.

MemberMember
(@hashimotoshappiness)

Posted : 06/30/2016 2:40 am

What your doctor gave you is great and should work. During the day you can use a salycylic acid wipe or pad or toner. I like the Murad 2 toner, but its not for acne specifically. You can also take spironolactone pills but I don't know how that works on males as they are androgen blockers. Ask your doctor.

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 06/30/2016 7:33 am

4 hours ago, HashimotosHappiness said:

What your doctor gave you is great and should work. During the day you can use a salycylic acid wipe or pad or toner. I like the Murad 2 toner, but its not for acne specifically. You can also take spironolactone pills but I don't know how that works on males as they are androgen blockers. Ask your doctor.

I dont think they give Spiro to males because of the possibility of man boobs...
I like your name BTW.