Acne getting worse ...

Notifications
Clear all

Acne getting worse from treatment?

MemberMember
(@bwats)

Posted : 06/27/2016 11:44 am

HI there, I'm a 20 year old female, with oily combination skin, living in dry climate,I started using the Acne.org treatment around 3 weeks ago. There have been no huge results, and it seems my skin is just getting worse! Being on week 3 it says you will experience a break out after some initial clearing, however I have experienced no clearing, and it seems like my skin is just getting worse and worse. I only wear powder for make up, with the occasional day of tinted moisturizer and I am using no other brands for treatment, other than the acne.org products. My skin is completely dry, and flakey around my mouth, so I feel like my oil glands are over compensating, producing more oil, leading to more acne. Right now my biggest problem is around my chin area, due to hormones, and I just don't know what to do anymore! Up until december of last year I never had acne around my chin, and I just haven't been able to make it go away! I'm afraid to keep pursuing this treatment in fear of it getting worse and never going away, leaving me with a pizza face! Just very upset and confused with my skin lately, do I keep pursuing treatment?

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 06/27/2016 12:12 pm

Three weeks into the regimen is still very early. The dryness and flakes is all part of the process. It is your skin adjusting to the BP you are putting on your face day and night. Eventually these side effects will subside but if it really bothers you, then you can always add more moisturizer throughout the day if need be.

Keep powering through! The regimen usually needs 3 months to really see results. Just make sure you are using the right products and following Dan's instructions very carefully. Good luck!