Bad sudden breakout...

Notifications
Clear all

Bad sudden breakout. Need help, please.. What's happening?

MemberMember
(@ahokay)

Posted : 06/26/2016 7:44 pm

Hello friends!

Im 26 and new to this site. A few days ago I had a sudden breakout of probably ten whiteheads overnight. Today I have over 40, and my face is very bumpy (washing it feels crazy). It's starting to itch and sting a bit, but I try my best not to touch my face. My acne is all over my cheeks, around the mouth and some down on my neck. My forehead and temple are flawless.

Before breaking out, I had switched my cleanser from Neutrogena stress free cream to Alba deep pore gel (because I wanted a more "natural" cleanser, both 2% SA). I figured this triggered the breakout so I switched back. I didn't have perfect skin in the first place, but it was not this bad. It doesn't seem like my face is improving, only getting worse.

My face is usually shiny (oily) throughout the day, except right after washing (in this case, feels dry and tight) even only from a rinse with water. I was using proactiv and other BP products which I stopped about two years ago because it dried my face like crazy. I've used Doxycycline and retin-A in the past but quit because the side effects were rough. I'm starting to think that salicylic acid is too harsh, too.

What's going on with my face? What type of acne is this? Has anyone had a similar experience? Have any advice for me?

I'm gonna try washing my face with water only and see if it'll calm my skin. I attached a photo of my cheek below. The other side looksthe same.

Thanks!

image.jpg

MemberMember
(@hashimotoshappiness)

Posted : 06/30/2016 3:00 am

I would pop all of those with a tiny sewing needle and wash with salycylic acid 5% gel wash of some sort. The Green Neutrogena one is gentle, I use that one. Murad also makes a creamy acne/anti-aging gel 5% cleanser, pricey though. You also need to exfoliate regularly, which the Proactive cleanser is great for. Their toner and mask are also good, the creamy topical stuff I think it too thick/greasy. Or there are salycylic acid scrubs out there, I layer on salycylic acid products and use Retin A to keep my face clear. I like this one by St. Yves that is an apricot scrub, or Arcona makes a wonderful/pricey cranberry grommage for men. Your hormones are flipping out and you need to clean out those pores better and exfoliate 2-3x a week while everything is purging. Use regular aloe vera gel or a serum-based moisturizer if your skin is too try while doing all of that. Drink water, cut out dairy, wheat, red meat, alcohol for 1 month and see if your skin gets better. Eat way more soups and vegetables, chicken, fish, salads and see if it gets better. Go running, work out, rid your body of toxic hormone energy.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/04/2016 6:15 pm

Please don't pop your acne as you run the risk of spreading the infection and scarring. At this point, stop using everything until your skin calms down. Go to a derm and make sure what you are experiencing is actually acne. Try to stay away form antibiotics. The above poster has good dietary suggestions. Try cutting out dairy and gluten and processed foods in general and add in more water and fruits/veggies