Notifications
Clear all

In need of some advice please

MemberMember
(@annaleigh)

Posted : 06/25/2016 8:35 pm

So a little backround, I am an 18 y/o female that has had mild yet consistant acne for the past 4 years. I don't scar but I can have some hyperpigmentation. I had a bad breakout a couple months ago so I went on the regimen and made a derm appointment. I've been on the regimen for about 6-7 weeks now and I have seen much improvement but I decided to go to my derm anyway. She perscribed aczone and epiduo.
Currently I am mainly getting clogged pores every couple days that eventually turn into small whiteheads which is a lot better than the cysts I was getting prior to starting the regimen but I am still sick of them, especially since I have the complexion of Caspar the friendly ghost, so everything shows.
  So I was thinking that I should stick to the regimen for maybe another month and use aczone as a spot treatment (Ive read that is more anti-inflammatory than preventive) And if I don't see improvement then I could switch over to epiduo. Im very conflicted because I know epiduo is supposed to have an IB and since I have mild acne I don't want to make my face worse than before but I also read that its very good for clogged pores which is what Ive been getting recently. 
  I really need some advice so any input is appreciated greatly!! I guess my main question is should I start epiduo now, or wait until I give the regimen a good 3 months or so. Thanks so much in advance!

MemberMember
(@kari1987)

Posted : 06/25/2016 10:19 pm

Stick with what is working for you. You have the ability to know what is best for yourself 🙂

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 06/26/2016 11:46 am

I think you should stuck to the regimen for maybe a few more months.

MemberMember
(@annaleigh)

Posted : 06/26/2016 1:42 pm

Thanks so much for the replies guys!! Yeah I think I'll stick to the regimen for at least a couple more months because it seems to be working well for me. Im just anxious because I start college in about two months so I want to be able to have that experience without worrying about how I look and it's always in the back of my mind that maybe epiduo could be my miracle drug. But I should probably just stick to what's working for now, thanks again!