Notifications
Clear all

How do you apply powder?

MemberMember
(@starchica3)

Posted : 06/25/2016 6:57 pm

Hi everyone,

I was looking for some good suggestions for powder makeup. I usually wear a liquid foundation which has been working just fine, but I want to achieve a more matte look with my makeup without irritating my skin. So basically, my 2 questions are:

1. What kind of powder makeup is best for avoiding acne? (such as loose powder, pressed powder, brand, etc)
  2. Do you apply powder with a makeup brush or powder puff?

Thank you so very much for any help!! ^_^

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 06/26/2016 9:51 pm

Hi, I personally like using powder puffs or sponges because you can just throw them out and not have to worry about contaminated brushes or cleaning them.
Some make up I like are Rimmel powder, Pur Minerals, Amazon Tarte powder and Physicians formula powders. Neutragena powders are OK too. I prefer pressed powder to loose because its less messy and I don't like the idea of breathing it in.

MemberMember
(@starchica3)

Posted : 06/28/2016 6:44 pm

On 6/26/2016 at 10:51 PM, snarkygirl said:

Hi, I personally like using powder puffs or sponges  because you can just throw them out and not have to worry about contaminated brushes or cleaning them.
Some make up I like are Rimmel powder, Pur Minerals, Amazon Tarte powder and Physicians formula powders. Neutragena powders are OK too. I prefer pressed powder to loose because its less messy and I don't like the idea of breathing it in.

Hi snarkygirl,

Thank you so much for replying to me!! That is a great point about using powder puffs or sponges--I love that idea!! I've seen those big bags of disposable makeup sponges or puffs in the cosmetics aisle, and they probably keep everything clean without having to worry about brushes collecting bacteria, like you were saying. I'm going to look for a good pressed powder~ you've been so helpful! I appreciate it very, very much! ^_^^_^^_^ You're awesome lol!

~starchica3

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 06/28/2016 7:17 pm

31 minutes ago, starchica3 said:
Hi snarkygirl,

Thank you so much for replying to me!! That is a great point about using powder puffs or sponges--I love that idea!! I've seen those big bags of disposable makeup sponges or puffs in the cosmetics aisle, and they probably keep everything clean without having to worry about brushes collecting bacteria, like you were saying. I'm going to look for a good pressed powder~ you've been so helpful! I appreciate it very, very much! ^_^^_^^_^ You're awesome lol!

~starchica3

sure;) I don't use make up every day but I prefer disposable sponges even though the brushes are fancier and prettier. I also like to add, many of us with acne don't do well with make up remomal wipes, but if you do use them, still rinse your face well after.