Notifications
Clear all

Bought Generic Accutane Online After 2 Doses of Roaccutane. Advice?

MemberMember
(@huskychef)

Posted : 06/24/2016 5:08 pm

Hey all!
Used to suffer from terrible acne when I was like 16-17..absolutely nothing worked apart from Roaccutane! After the 9 months on it (starting from 20mg and finishing on 70mg) my skin was flawless! Apart from a tiny bit of red marks from the cysts. About a month off it I noticed I was getting little red pimples on my face which seemed to get worse and worse.. (nothing major but it was enough to see and reduce my confidence) so I went back to my derm and she put me on second course of 80mg for about 4-5 months and once again my skin was flawless.. now..3 months off it my face is getting those little red spots again but this time there's a bit more and it's really annoying me after having such clear skin for so long. I went back to the derm last week and she said there was basically no point going back on it because on that day like 80% of my pimples had subsided from a few previous days. I was incredibly dissapointed because there was literally nothing I could do about it and I knew my skin was getting worse and worse and I didn't want to have to deal with the marks AGAIN and have to wait 6 months for them to go!

So I went ahead and bought generic accutane from (not going to link the site just incase it's against the rules) [removed] with the intention of doing a low dose of accutane at like 20mg a day (is that low?) so there's not many side effects and it keeps my skin in check.. I've done my research in to the generic accutane I bought from that site and people have been saying it's legit and works well.. but at the same time would like some advice from the good people of [removed]
I'm basically desperate at this point..I'm not as confident as I was a few months ago and it's really getting me down..

+ a little side question: If I wanted to get rid of the hyperpigmentation on my skin (there's not a lot but still noticeable to me) while I'm on the low dose accutane..what would be the best way? I was going to buy that Spin for perfect skin thing but don't want to be too hard on my skin. Also,what would you recommend a small accutane dose be? 20mg seems fair.

Thanks in advance!
- Husky Chef

MemberMember
(@acnescience)

Posted : 06/25/2016 6:42 am

Never take a prescription drug, especially Accutane, without a doctor's supervision. 5 mg is usually regarded as a low, maintenance dosage.

I'd highly warn against purchasing and using accutane without blood tests. Vitamin A toxicity is real and you don't know the state of your body. You'll do more harm than good.

Felecia liked
MemberMember
(@huskychef)

Posted : 06/25/2016 6:57 am

14 minutes ago, AcneScience said:

Never take a prescription drug, especially Accutane, without a doctor's supervision. 5 mg is usually regarded as a low, maintenance dosage.

I'd highly warn against purchasing and using accutane without blood tests. Vitamin A toxicity is real and you don't know the state of your body. You'll do more harm than good.

I know it's kind of a bad idea but it's literally the only thing that keeps my skin clear D: my acne's coming back and I literally can't leave the house atm. What if I got my bloods done every month by my gp?

Big thanks for the help btw!

MemberMember
(@acnescience)

Posted : 06/25/2016 7:06 am

You can do that, I'd discuss with him what you're doing even if it's not legal. That should be fine for the most part as long as you have a doctors supervision.

Accutane is is literally one of the most dangerous drugs out there, it's not to be tampered with.There are other ways to combat acne like vitamin B5, BP, increasing vitamin A intake, etc.

The question remains if you'd want to wait it out to see results that will last

MemberMember
(@huskychef)

Posted : 06/25/2016 10:43 am

3 hours ago, AcneScience said:

You can do that, I'd discuss with him what you're doing even if it's not legal. That should be fine for the most part as long as you have a doctors supervision.

Accutane is is literally one of the most dangerous drugs out there, it's not to be tampered with.There are other ways to combat acne like vitamin B5, BP, increasing vitamin A intake, etc.

The question remains if you'd want to wait it out to see results that will last

Doctor told me I he wouldn't monitor me because it would be like he was aiding and abetting my self medication without a prescription..but I'll still be able to get my bloods done. Are the results easy enough to read or would I have to have a professional read them?

I've tried everything tbh and Accurate literally is the only cure for me.. I don't get many side effects tho which is probably why I'm so eager to go back on it.. My side effects at 80mg were a dry face and lips.

So would you recommend taking like 5-10mg a day if I'm planning on doing a low dose?

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 06/25/2016 5:13 pm

My only advice is DONT!

6 hours ago, HuskyChef said:
Doctor told me I he wouldn't monitor me because it would be like he was aiding and abetting my self medication without a prescription..but I'll still be able to get my bloods done. Are the results easy enough to read or would I have to have a professional read them?

I've tried everything tbh and Accurate literally is the only cure for me.. I don't get many side effects tho which is probably why I'm so eager to go back on it.. My side effects at 80mg were a dry face and lips.

So would you recommend taking like 5-10mg a day if I'm planning on doing a low dose?

its obviously not a cure if your acne came back twice. Find the underrlyi g cause ( hormones, food allergies, inflammation). It wull kerp coming back but you msy ruin your body in the meantime.Genuine accutane is bad enough but taking something from off the internet with no prescription is reckless. Don't risk your health.

I recommend trying cod liver oil which is a safer form of vitamin A. At recommended doses.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 06/30/2016 1:22 pm

Never buy meds online without a prescription! Always get a prescription and go through a reliable source. Online stores aren't regulated by the FDA so you don't know what's in the pills you're buying. They may contain little or none of the active ingredients, or too much. They may end up doing more harm than good.It's your choice, but I wouldn't chance it.

Read Dan's topic on this: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/68942-buying-drugs-on-internet-without-rx/