Notifications
Clear all

Trading acne scar for a linear scar

MemberMember
(@skinskinskinskinskinskinskin)

Posted : 06/24/2016 7:18 am

Is it possible to ask a surgeon to cut your skin like a facial scar to hide the acne scars and then you are left with essentially a knife type scar accross your skin. I have a row of scars that could be cut along like dot to dot to make long thin scar

I think it would be possible and it is more socially acceptable to have a cut vs acne scars but I dont think its ever been done before

MemberMember
(@seehelp)

Posted : 06/24/2016 7:32 am

I think that would make your skin look worse

MemberMember
(@skinskinskinskinskinskinskin)

Posted : 06/24/2016 7:56 am

38 minutes ago, SeeHelp said:

I think that would make your skin look worse

it would be something like this but thinner, i think it would look better than a row of depressed scars just 1 smooth line...especially for men
OJfXEpx.jpg

MemberMember
(@pct14)

Posted : 06/24/2016 10:00 am

Not exactly what you are looking for, but excision tries to accomplish something very similar. The scarred area is surgically removed and the skin sutured back together with the intention of leaving a smaller linear scar.

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 06/24/2016 10:01 am

2 hours ago, SKINSKINSKINSKINSKINSKINSKIN said:
it would be something like this but thinner, i think it would look better than a row of depressed scars just 1 smooth line...especially for men
OJfXEpx.jpg

It won't necessarily be thinner. Scar execisions tend to stretch out and become depressed. But plastic surgeons will lie and tell you it will be a fine line. Don't do it. I tried this with my trauma scar, and it is at least 4-5mm wide.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 06/24/2016 3:20 pm

Trust me, you do NOT want to be cutting up random patches of skin on your face. I guarantee 100% you will regret it. How your skin heals after excision is totally unpredictable. Since you suffer from acne scars already, its pretty clear that your physiology predisposes you to bad healing and scarring. I know because I've had some unfortunate excisions, so speaking from experience.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/24/2016 10:31 pm

Deleted

arte90 liked
MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 06/25/2016 2:46 pm

I agree. The scars don't detract from his looks because he is in the top 5% of looks. This guy is a pretty famous male model. Most normal people do not look anything like this. A couple excision scars on a perfect face with otherwise perfect skin is acceptable. Excision scars against a backdrop of bad skin texture and existing acne scars just makes your skin more of a hot mess.

PCT14 liked