Notifications
Clear all

Acne wont go away.Pls help

MemberMember
(@jasonjohn)

Posted : 06/23/2016 10:43 pm

Hey guys , its my first time posting here because i really need help.

a few weeks ago , i went to a dermatolagist because my skin started getting wounds all over for no reason at all and the derm told me that it was allergies to acne cream i was using , so he prescribed me with what I think is petroleum jelly and an acne medicine.So after using the petroleum jelly for about a week , all my wounds were healed and supeisingly all my acne were healed too and my clean was very clear.Following the derm instructions , i changed to the acne med he gave me after a week but the next day , after using the acne med at night , my skin was filled with big acnes but i still kept using the meds because i thought it would go away.

So after another week with no luck i decided to go to another derm, and she prescribed me with dalacin t and differin 0.1%.Another week using those creams , there were no inprovements so i decided to go back to what fixed my acne in the first place , petroleum jelly , unsuprisingly all the big acne i had before were gone so i continued using it but i altered it a bit by using dalacin t / differin first then using petroleum jelly to cover it .Now after a few days all my big acne are almost gone but suddenly there is a whole bunch of tiny bumps on my face all over and i dont know my current application is helping it or making it worse.

i dont know whether this small bumps are even acne.I did research in the internet and it looks similar to papules or clogged pores.Ill post a pic so can you guys help me identify what kind of acne this is and recommend me appropriate treatment?

im kinda low on budget so i wouldnt like to visit another derm unless it gets really bad.

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@funnyguy69)

Posted : 06/24/2016 2:39 am

Those look like regular pimples. Honestly it sounds like you didn't give the treatment enough time to work. Topicals can often take up to 6 weeks for you to begin seeing results. Patience is key! You need to pick a treatment and stick to it.