Notifications
Clear all

Want to take action

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 06/23/2016 5:01 pm

I am tired of the plastic surgery and dermatology industry taking advantage of people with false promises and claims about scar treatments. There needs to be better regulation in place to protect those of us who suffer from disfigurements.

I know the suffering, depression, and anxiety over my scarring will eventually kill me, but before I depart this planet,I want to take action against the industry and try to put a stop to this abuse. What can be done? Please share any ideas/suggestions.

MemberMember
(@seehelp)

Posted : 06/23/2016 5:45 pm

I see your post about your scarring. Is the scar upon your eye the only one that you have? If so, your skin is perfect to me. Sometimes we need to see scar as a sign of character as long as it does not look really bad. In your case, i dont think it is bad at all, at least compare to mine. So stay possive.

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 06/23/2016 5:51 pm

I don't have a scar on my eye. I have a very obvious and large scar on my forehead and it causes me much trauma and grief. But I did not start this post to talk about my scar. I know nothing can be done to improve it. I started this post to talk about what can be done to stop the corruption around scar treatments. Because it's obvious that most people who seek treatment for their scars are getting taken advantage of.

MemberMember
(@seehelp)

Posted : 06/23/2016 5:56 pm

I just think of if only scars treatment can be considered as other disease. I mean, in that case, it can be covered with insurance.

MemberMember
(@skinskinskinskinskinskinskin)

Posted : 06/24/2016 8:01 am

amen going into treatment has cost me an arm and a leg, made my overall skin much worse and given me new scars. its reeked havoc on my mental health