Notifications
Clear all

I am a guy and I need makeup to hide ICEPICK scars

MemberMember
(@mint-berry-crunch)

Posted : 06/23/2016 2:18 pm

All hope for ice pick scar treatment are gone so I decided to try and camouflage my scars using makeup. I am hoping you can help me :( 

I have seen YouTube videos online where I see men wearing makeup to hide acne scars and hyper pigmentation. At the moment I use Revlon foundation and Maybeline pore eraser. That ONLY helps with my hyper pigmentation. What depresses me the most is the ice pick scars. I don't expect the scars to completely fade with makeup I just want to conceal it with something so it helps me get through the day.  Any suggestions? I'm from the Uk and have dark skin south Asian ethnicity. Below are pics with my scars and with foundation.

MemberMember
(@acnescience)

Posted : 06/23/2016 3:29 pm

That's a good video for it.

MemberMember
(@naimur97)

Posted : 06/27/2016 5:40 am

Hey man,it's me again.
So if you want to wear makeup to hide scars,dermaflage is your best bet.It's a silicone based makeup designed to camouflage scars and it's crazy expensive.
I've also given given it a thought but then realized people would say i am shallow and vulnerable when they are gonna see me without makeup.
It's just my opinion and I do respect yours too.Besides your scar aren't too bad.

MemberMember
(@mint-berry-crunch)

Posted : 06/27/2016 3:41 pm

9 hours ago, Naimur97 said:

Hey man,it's me again.
So if you want to wear makeup to hide scars,dermaflage is your best bet.It's a silicone based makeup designed to camouflage scars and it's crazy expensive.
I've also given given it a thought but then realized people would say i am shallow and vulnerable when they are gonna see me without makeup.
It's just my opinion and I do respect yours too.Besides your scar aren't too bad.

Thanks for getting back to me. I've read about Dermaflage online and I am thinking about it. I do need something to get me through the day. Thanks if you think my scars isn't too bad but to me I am my own worst critic. I have bad self image issues unfortunately. I had clear skin and past few years I've had to come to terms with my scars after my journey with treatment for ice pick scars.

MemberMember
(@naimur97)

Posted : 06/30/2016 3:54 am

On 6/28/2016 at 2:41 AM, Mint Berry Crunch said:
Thanks for getting back to me. I've read about Dermaflage online and I am thinking about it. I do need something to get me through the day. Thanks if you think my scars isn't too bad but to me I am my own worst critic. I have bad self image issues unfortunately. I had clear skin and past few years I've had to come to terms with my scars after my journey with treatment for ice pick scars.

Well you're certainly right about the fact that we are our own critics since we like to see oursleves in the worst possible lightnings.angles and all and try and figure out abnormalities.
But cheer up man you've a manly look with the beard(which iMO sort of shifts the focus from your scars) and men have scars.
I know how hard it is.I'm 18 and have the looks of a 12 year old.I started to get scars this time last year and it still hurts me from inside.The last year has been devastating for me.I even skipped a year after highschool.

MemberMember
(@dramafan0)

Posted : 07/10/2016 3:12 am

The YouTube video above probably is the best one for acne scars.

I agree with naimur97 and think your scars aren't that bad ( sorry if you hate it when people say that). Wearing make up all day sometimes causes acne and then more scars so I would say don't wear it if you don't have to.

I think you should try aveeno moisturiser it makes your skin look fuller and healthy so ice pick scars look smaller.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/10/2016 5:58 pm

I would try only using a primer, to smooth and fill your pores and ditch the foundation.