Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stiffchocolate

Going on a sunny holiday with acne

Hi guys so next week I'm going to Turkey and although my acne isn't bad (post accutane by 3 months) I still want to take care. I don't like putting any cream on my face so can anyone recommend a good sun screen that won't break me out. Also I heard sea water is good for acne so I plan to make the most of that. I have a lot of red marks from spots and really would like this to fade. If anyone has any advice or past experience I would be truly great full . Many thanks

Wear a large brim hat or zinc sunscreen...the zinc isn't bad for your skin.
Sea water is indeed supposed to be good for acne .  
As for the marks, many people use turmeric masks, lemon or potato juice, AHA acids, and hydroquinone to fade marks.

The sun will do you're skin the world of good and should help fade any marks, instead of using a sun cream I use a light moisturiser with a high spf in it! Hope you enjoy your holiday x

http://eltamd.com/product/uv-clear-broad-spectrum-spf-46/ <- the untinted version is really good for me and my skin is really prone to comsetic acne, I really recommend it. 
Swim a lot drink a lot of water and apply sunscreen daily and it'll be great! Fresh air, a bit of sun ad physical activity are all very good for your skin! I usually keep a bottle of micellar water to cleanse my skin of old sunscreen and sweat before i reapply too :)