Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone, last month was the month of "sorrow" to me. I'm male, 16 years old. Over the past 6 months, acne is my biggest concern. The first 5 months were acceptable and under control, but not until last month. I suffered a sudden breakout on my right cheek, 2 cysts and many whiteheads. I visited my family doctor and she prescribed me clindamycin phosphate (1%)/benzoyl peroxide (5%) and minocycline 100mg (oral antibiotics). I'm currently on the 3rd week of this regimen. The first week was awesome, I had no breakout and my cysts got smaller, but last week a couple of whiteheads came back and this week cysts and whiteheads appear even more. So, should I continue with this regimen or should I stop and visit my doctor again? Thanks for letting me know. 
P/s: I just started to use moisturizer this week (cetaphil)

I'd say keep it up, it can take a while for any regimen to work plus switching meds and topicals won't help. Maybe try some oatmeal masks.

I agree with snarkygirl, it can take up to 6 weeks to see results, so just keep it up! I've used clindamycin phosphate and minocycline (separately)before and had moderate success with each of them, but it took about a month and a half for the results to really show up.

It's normal for any new regimen to take 1 to 3 months to show results. Be patient, you don't want to miss out on something that might actually work for you.