Notifications
Clear all

5 lasers later my skins the worst its ever been

MemberMember
(@skinskinskinskinskinskinskin)

Posted : 06/19/2016 7:33 am

now im broke and with such bad skin i dont leave the house not even to go to the supermaket

its over for me, dont make the same mistake

MemberMember
(@asburypark101)

Posted : 06/19/2016 7:56 am

There are dozens of different lasers, can you elaborate on which ones you used and why?

MemberMember
(@anthonykaka)

Posted : 06/19/2016 9:49 am

i dont believe without pics

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 06/19/2016 10:19 am

Insufficient information.

MemberMember
(@worriedscared1)

Posted : 06/19/2016 11:57 am

Do supply pictures and find heart in the fact that there are others who seemed to have suffered. Be gentle and dont over react harshly!

mr. matt liked
MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)
MemberMember

Posted : 06/19/2016 1:56 pm

very chilling reading that realself link, unfortunately she was not the first and will not be the last...

i do not mind if you do not think im telling the truth, what agenda would i have to post this otherwise?

no photos at the moment if you PM i could show you my skin but i want to keep my identity private

MemberMember
(@childhooddreams)

Posted : 06/19/2016 2:59 pm

Never Getting Laser club, over here.

Hundreds of horrible reviews (ineffective, permanent pigment and tissue damage) sky-high prices on top of things. I care too much about my tanned outdoors sun-kissed complexion to have it destroyed by some primitive and risky laser-system.

Maybe in the distant future, scientists and dermatologists will engineer something exquisite that has low risks and amazing results, but we are clearly not there.

MemberMember
(@frasier)

Posted : 06/19/2016 3:44 pm

Dont give up. Look at what i.e. Renovacareinc.com can do. Your own stem cells will make your face a lot better if I am right.

Think of the day when you will get the treatment you need. Not some bogus laser treatment.

Stay strong, this is not the 90s or early 2000s - the technology is getter much better.

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 06/19/2016 7:28 pm

6 hours ago, scarredandsad34 said:

She never should have been considered for fraxel in the first place. The doctor should have told her no.

Does anybody know how she died?

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 06/19/2016 8:00 pm

31 minutes ago, QuanHenry said:
She never should have been considered for fraxel in the first place. The doctor should have told her no.

Death by disfigurement. 

It's strange, I feel like I am looking into a crystal ball at my own future..... Laser made my scarring much worse.

image.jpg

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 06/19/2016 9:12 pm

The risk outweighed the potential reward in her case, she had little to gain in the best case scenario.

Im about a year and a half out of fraxel treatments, and fortunately dont have any of these side effects. If I did I would definitely be here complaining about it.

MemberMember
(@scarsfade)

Posted : 06/20/2016 3:43 am

8 hours ago, QuanHenry said:

Seems clear that it was suicide after 2 years of depression post laser. Very few doctors say no, they just see dollar signs.

MemberMember
(@childhooddreams)

Posted : 06/20/2016 1:52 pm

Hearing those doctors drop those truth-bombs is soul crushing.

"Your scars will never be 100% gone"

"No laser will do anything for them"

"Even with the best treatments you are going to have 50% improvement with fillers doing the heavy lifting"

crying-man.gif

tomwaits liked
MemberMember

Posted : 06/20/2016 2:02 pm

so acne scars cannot be treated

its game over, you need to prevent scarring at all costs becasue once you are scarred, the mental and physical damage is extremely hard to cope with.

like the doc says if you have a laser you are down and out looking like you have been burnt for 1-2 weeks and then usually you get your hopes up as the swelling makes it look like a lot of the scars have dissapeared then that hope turns into despair as the swelling subsides and you are looking even worse than pre treatment

Мyth liked
MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 06/20/2016 2:39 pm

Well anyone who goes into this thinking 100% improvement was possible was naive, delusional, and not informed to begin with. You can only hope for improvement, and sometimes significant improvement is possible. This depends on where you start out.

PCT14 liked
MemberMember
(@pct14)

Posted : 06/20/2016 2:42 pm

Lasers are not the answer for a lot of people and it is unfortunate that they are so often the first or the only treatment offered, but there is plenty of evidence that they can be effective at treating some types of scars when used correctly. If you are trying to teach people about the dangers of lasers, providing absolutely no details about yourself or the treatments you have received makes your post almost meaningless.

50 minutes ago, ChildhoodDreams said:

Hearing those doctors drop those truth-bombs is soul crushing.

"Your scars will never be 100% gone"

"No laser will do anything for them"

"Even with the best treatments you are going to have 50% improvement with fillers doing the heavy lifting"

What you quoted is very different from what is actually written, "no laser is really going to do all that much for them". And as difficult as this may be to hear, understanding the reality of scar treatment will save people a lot of disappointment and money.

MemberMember
(@scarface6556)

Posted : 06/20/2016 3:29 pm

check out my thread. ive developed new scars. we are all screwed for life.

MemberMember
(@sverd)

Posted : 06/23/2016 4:55 am

Just logged in to say that I also had a terrible experience with laser treatment, specifically Fraxel Repair. I had it done on both entire sides of my face and it made almost no difference to the scars but gave my skin a very dry, orange-peel texture that turns red easily and doesn't deal well with sunlight. It's been about 5 years since then but it's improved a ton since that first year, I think applying rosehip oil everyday religiously made a big difference. One round of subcision however with no fillers made a massive difference to my scarring, even though many doctors like to claim it's "outdated" because laser is so much easier and marketable. If you have sensitive skin I recommend you stay far away from lasers, the only scarring I think it could improve is very shallow superficial scarring.

MemberMember
(@de-rerum-natura)

Posted : 06/23/2016 7:24 am

My experience with lasers is very good
i did 2 times CO2 with very high intensity
took about 2 weeks to heal, my scars improved and my skin tone and texture improved dramatically.

i dont recommend you going for co2 though, if you have individual scars you should treat them separatedely with TCA cross or subcision,
lasers are only and thebest tool for resurfacing, dont expect it to remove your scarring

Yola4 and QuanHenry liked
MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 06/24/2016 10:09 am

Why do you think they are using a laser on this poor girl? They've lasered her scars at least 7 times, performed a scar revision, and are lasering them again post scar revision.

http://www.tinyspark.org/podcasts/struggling-to-erase-the-stigma-of-trauma/

She says at the end of her article that she can't wait to have her life back and walkin the sun without having to cover her face and not have to have people ask her how she got her scars. But That simply won't happen with her condition. The poor girl is in denial.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 06/24/2016 3:18 pm

Actually for the extent of her original injuries, her doctors have done a remarkable job. It's still a long hard road for her, but imagine what she would have looked like if there was no scar revisions at all. She would be truly disfigured.

Scarredandsad34, I honestly do not know what your purpose is on this forum. Respectfully, you've literally added nothing to the conversations, and been a source of overbearing negativity. If you are convinced doctors are all scum and scar revision does not help, then why are you here? I honestly feel like you are here because you are miserable and want to project that on everyone else.

You will accept nothing less than a 100% cure. That's impossible. But look at success stories like Mr. Matt on here. There are way more failures than success stories here, but they are there.

5 hours ago, scarredandsad34 said:

Why do you think they are using a laser on this poor girl? They've lasered her scars at least 7 times, performed a scar revision, and are lasering them again post scar revision.

http://www.tinyspark.org/podcasts/struggling-to-erase-the-stigma-of-trauma/

She says at the end of her article that she can't wait to have her life back and walkin the sun without having to cover her face and not have to have people ask her how she got her scars. But That simply won't happen with her condition. The poor girl is in denial.

il90, Ommmmmm, beautifulambition and 2 people liked
MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 06/24/2016 3:18 pm

I think she is a good candidate for laser.

Ommmmmm liked
MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 06/24/2016 4:21 pm

1 hour ago, blahblah82 said:

Actually for the extent of her original injuries, her doctors have done a remarkable job. It's still a long hard road for her, but imagine what she would have looked like if there was no scar revisions at all. She would be truly disfigured.

Scarredandsad34, I honestly do not know what your purpose is on this forum. Respectfully, you've literally added nothing to the conversations, and been a source of overbearing negativity. If you are convinced doctors are all scum and scar revision does not help, then why are you here? I honestly feel like you are here because you are miserable and want to project that on everyone else.

You will accept nothing less than a 100% cure. That's impossible. But look at success stories like Mr. Matt on here. There are way more failures than success stories here, but they are there.

You are right, I am miserable. I have no more social life because I no longer feel comportable showing my forehead in public anymore. I was misled by numerous doctors who told me that my scar could easily be significantly improved. These were doctors with very good credentials too. The reality is, it was hardly improved. I don't know if I'm a poor healer, or if my injury was just too bad to begin with. But I don't appreciate being sold down the river.

I am here like many of the others on this forum. To vent. To cry. To share my experience. To warn others that many scar treatments simply don't work. In hopes that some breakthrough treatment will emerge. But I know that I probably have a greater chance of winning the mega millions jackpot than that happening anytime in my lifetime. You are right, I wish I could have my old face back. But I understand this is impossible. Realistically, I just want a pencil thin scar that is not very noticeable and not depressed. Is that too much to ask? Or at least a scar that doesn't expand to three times its size and look like a disfigured mass every time a make a facial expression. Because life with an obvious facial difference is really shitty. Everyone here knows this is true.

And I think that girl's lips are disfigured. They always will be. I don't think she'll get her scars to a point where people won't notice and ask.

Call me a negative pessimist if you want. I'm just being realistic, unlike many people on this board.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 06/24/2016 5:06 pm

You totally do not get it. Shit happened, that cannot be undone.

Yeah her lips are disfigured, but shit happened and if she didn't do anything at all, she would have been completely disfigured. She could choose to be completely disfigured, or be significantly less disfigured (but still obviously scarred). I'm not sure what you've contributed, other than turning the conversation back to yourself honestly. Not trying to be critical, but that's how you come off.