Notifications
Clear all

Dermastamp/dermarolling regimen

MemberMember
(@thewestern)

Posted : 06/18/2016 11:08 pm

Hi,

I am trying to figure out if my scars are just boxcar or if rolling are involved as well. I tried to take photos in the harshest direct and indirect lighting I could find. Smoothing out my skin texture would help me greatly as it makes me nervous to go outside into natural light when I meet someone new. They look particularly bad in the photos and those situations but, as far as I can tell, they're fairly shallow - there's just lots of them.

So far it seems that microneedling may be my best bet - what is a good regimen using the owndoc products? So far, it sounds like I should use a 1.5mm stamp and roll every 4-6 weeks and follow that with A and C serum plus maybe suctioning. I'm unsure if I should be doing rolls with shorter needles once a week between major treatments. I'm also unsure of when I should be using the serum and suctioning.

Thanks

scarring-blurred.jpg

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 06/19/2016 7:48 pm

My first derminator session was a month ago and I can already see some level of improvement. The change isnt drastic, but if I continue to heal at this rate I am hopeful there will be an undeniable improvement after a year or so.

I needled 1.5 on my cheeks, .75 on the temples, and .5 on the forehead. I used the copper peptide mask immediately after needling, and the hyaluronic acid serum the next day. After that I resumed my usual regimen with epiduo to control acne and turn over cells. The healing process is everything when it comes to needling, so Ive decided to not do it more than every 5 weeks. Ill stop using epiduo for 2 or 3 days prior to my next session, which I will do in a week or two.

Hope this is helpful, I am still new to needling as you can see but there are other users here with a lot of experience and good advice. Look for the thread called "The derminator thread". Beautifulambition posted a lot of good info there.

MemberMember
(@thewestern)

Posted : 06/20/2016 3:47 am

8 hours ago, QuanHenry said:

My first derminator session was a month ago and I can already see some level of improvement. The change isnt drastic, but if I continue to heal at this rate I am hopeful there will be an undeniable improvement after a year or so.

I needled 1.5 on my cheeks, .75 on the temples, and .5 on the forehead. I used the copper peptide mask immediately after needling, and the hyaluronic acid serum the next day. After that I resumed my usual regimen with epiduo to control acne and turn over cells. The healing process is everything when it comes to needling, so Ive decided to not do it more than every 5 weeks. Ill stop using epiduo for 2 or 3 days prior to my next session, which I will do in a week or two.

Hope this is helpful, I am still new to needling as you can see but there are other users here with a lot of experience and good advice. Look for the thread called "The derminator thread". Beautifulambition posted a lot of good info there.

Thanks a lot - do you do A or C lotions at all afterward? It definitely sounds like Derminator is the way to go.

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 06/20/2016 10:51 am

I think some people use vitamin C afterwards. I just dont have any right now so Ive been using the copper peptides and HA I have.

MemberMember
(@thewestern)

Posted : 06/28/2016 3:18 am

Do you think this is the best treatment for me (2.25mm derminator) or would subcision, dermabrasion or professional needling (3-3.5mm) be better?