Notifications
Clear all

Acne Help/Advice

MemberMember
(@megz227)

Posted : 06/18/2016 4:23 pm

Hi all! I have a problem. I've had acne since I was 11 & I am now 19. I always feel soon ugly. All my other friends have perfect skin. I honestly don't know why I'm cursed with this. I know there are many more people with acne but I never see anyone else. I feel like i'm the only one. The thing thats not fair is that my brother had acne from 13-16 & he never washed his face or did anything to help it. His skin just magically cleared up. I'm doing anything to try and help my skin but nothing is working or its working but not as fast or it just stops working. Makeup helps but it seems that it always look flaky when I put it on because no matter how much moisturizer I put on, my skin is always dry and when I put on makeup it reflects that. Its the summer and I really love to go to go in the pool and swim but I don't feel comfortable taking off my makeup and going bare. Even with my closest friends. I'm at thatage where all my friends are bringing around attractive people and if they come to the beach with us I feel like I can't/won't go because everyone will laugh or me or even worse, I will feel so uncomfortable that I will be on the verge of tears & I am most days. I do a Theatre program in the summer and its 1000 degrees in the place and i'm but I still wear makeup & i really just wanna not anymore because I feel gross after all that but I don't want people seeing me natural. Please give me some advice. Thank You!

MemberMember
(@kari1987)

Posted : 06/28/2016 1:44 am

On 6/18/2016 at 3:23 PM, Megz227 said:

Hi all! I have a problem. I've had acne since I was 11 & I am now 19. I always feel soon ugly. All my other friends have perfect skin. I honestly don't know why I'm cursed with this. I know there are many more people with acne but I never see anyone else. I feel like i'm the only one. The thing thats not fair is that my brother had acne from 13-16 & he never washed his face or did anything to help it. His skin just magically cleared up. I'm doing anything to try and help my skin but nothing is working or its working but not as fast or it just stops working. Makeup helps but it seems that it always look flaky when I put it on because no matter how much moisturizer I put on, my skin is always dry and when I put on makeup it reflects that. Its the summer and I really love to go to go in the pool and swim but I don't feel comfortable taking off my makeup and going bare. Even with my closest friends. I'm at thatage where all my friends are bringing around attractive people and if they come to the beach with us I feel like I can't/won't go because everyone will laugh or me or even worse, I will feel so uncomfortable that I will be on the verge of tears & I am most days. I do a Theatre program in the summer and its 1000 degrees in the place and i'm but I still wear makeup & i really just wanna not anymore because I feel gross after all that but I don't want people seeing me natural. Please give me some advice. Thank You!

*hugs* what is your current regimen?

MemberMember
(@jazzguy)

Posted : 06/28/2016 10:05 pm

We all suffer that lack of self-confidence and worrying about what others think but try not to let it hold you back. Easier to say than do I know butI feel like you have the guts to get on stage in theatre and perform in front of people (which scares a lot of people to death worrying about what the audience will think!) and I hope that you can channel some of that bravado into your social life and not worry so much about what anyone else might think.

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 07/09/2016 9:45 am

Hey hon, I suggest asking your gyno to to hormone tests and going on birth control. Yaz, Yasmine or orthocyclen might really help.
Also don't feed bad I've seen tons of people with acne at a carnival and the mall recently. It only feels like you're alone.

Jazzguy liked