Notifications
Clear all

Advice on what to do with these acne scars

MemberMember
(@redrose04)

Posted : 06/17/2016 9:54 pm

Hey guys. So I'm completely new to this site but I just wanted to get your advice on where I should start in terms of treating my acne scars. Here are some pictures of the troubled areas of my face.
IMG_1344.JPGIMG_1346.JPG

(Ignore the white stuff. Those are from my spot treatment (Dapsone/Aczone).

Basically, my cheeks are the only troubled spots but it is very prominent. Any advice on how I should go about with this?
To my fellow Canadians who also live in Ontario, any idea if derm appointments are covered by OHIP?
Also, how much should I expect to pay if I want this to be treated professionally? 
My acne went downhill 2 years ago and since then, my skin has sort of been "recovering". I still get pimples here and there but they're not as bad as they were so I feel that this would be the right time to start treating the scars.
Any advice/tips would be great! Thanks guys!

MemberMember
(@scarface6556)

Posted : 06/18/2016 2:30 am

use v beam to get rid of redness then tca cross as all ur scars or atleast 90 percent of them look like ice picks

MemberMember
(@ommmmmm)

Posted : 06/18/2016 11:03 am

I think 50% TCA cross would work well (only meant for scars andnot as a peel). Maybe trya test on one scar first. Be careful with higher % for crosssince your icepicks and large poresdon't lookthat deep. TCA peel is usually 10-35%(max).

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 06/18/2016 7:12 pm

Since you are new and not that well versed yet, do not attempt any of those things on your own. Research extensively before doing something like TCA Cross.

Honestly your scars are pretty minor, and it's really just red marks. Vbeam Perfectha will clear those up the fastest and most reliably.

Ommmmmm liked