Notifications
Clear all

6 months on tretinoin - My results

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 06/17/2016 7:22 am

Hey guys, thought I'd post here with the results I've gotten from using tretinoin for about 25 weeks now. Its been a VERY rough journey, but ultimately I'm glad I stuck with it. My skin is far from perfect, but I am at a point where I am generally happy with the quality of my skin. I'm also aware that tretinoin's benefits extend further than 6 months and I am looking forward to it!

Been getting acne since I was 15, I'm 18 right now. Still getting new pimples but they're really small and manageable, not really leaving much pigment at all. I also no longer get big papules (yay). 

Here's what my skin looks like right now:
http://imgur.com/a/XgCFl

If you guys have any questions, leave them down below and ill get to them :) 

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 06/17/2016 1:16 pm

5 hours ago, Tretinoin said:

Hey guys, thought I'd post here with the results I've gotten from using tretinoin for about 25 weeks now. Its been a VERY rough journey, but ultimately I'm glad I stuck with it. My skin is far from perfect, but I am at a point where I am generally happy with the quality of my skin. I'm also aware that tretinoin's benefits extend further than 6 months and I am looking forward to it!

Been getting acne since I was 15, I'm 18 right now. Still getting new pimples but they're really small and manageable, not really leaving much pigment at all. I also no longer get big papules (yay). 

Wow!!!!!! Your skin looks great!!!!!! So glad the tretinoin is working so well for you!!! My son alternates between tretinoin and Dan's AHA+ with great results. So glad we took your advice and stuck it out, the tretinoin has been a great add-on treatment option for him!! |::)

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 06/17/2016 7:43 pm

6 hours ago, DeLovely said:
Wow!!!!!! Your skin looks great!!!!!! So glad the tretinoin is working so well for you!!! My son alternates between tretinoin and Dan's AHA+ with great results. So glad we took your advice and stuck it out, the tretinoin has been a great add-on treatment option for him!! |::)

Thanks Delovely, glad its been working for your son as well! Tretinoin is definitely one of those things that will test your patience and bring you to the point of giving up if you let it, but if you stick with it you will undoubtedly thank yourself. I'm sure your son is feeling soooooo much better now that these products have worked, I know I am! :) 

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@mainaf2016)

Posted : 06/19/2016 1:16 pm

On June 17, 2016 at 6:22 PM, Tretinoin said:

hii so glad that tretinoin has worked for u.. If i start using tretinoin for my enlarged clogged pores on my nose will it purge out the dead cells and debris??? I used bha 2 of paula's choice which resulted in a lot of closed comedones to pop up after 2 months of daily use...my nose is not oily..it was slightly oily bt bha has caused it to become really dry.. Any advice???i really want the gunk to purge out... If i press with comedone extractor alot of it comes out but still alot left.. Will glycolic peel or microdermabrasion help???image.jpegimage.jpeg

The 2nd pic is collected. My nose looks like that now with open enlarged pores !!

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 06/20/2016 11:57 am

22 hours ago, Mainaf2016 said:
hii so glad that tretinoin has worked for u.. If i start using tretinoin for my enlarged clogged pores on my nose will it purge out the dead cells and debris??? I used bha 2 of paula's choice which resulted in a lot of closed comedones to pop up after 2 months of daily use...my nose is not oily..it was slightly oily bt bha has caused it to become really dry.. Any advice???i really want the gunk to purge out... If i press with comedone extractor alot of it comes out but still alot left.. Will glycolic peel or microdermabrasion help???image.jpegimage.jpeg

The 2nd pic is collected. My nose looks like that now with open enlarged pores !!

hey there, your skin looks really good and honestly I don't think anyone would notice those comedones. To answer your question, yes tretinoin may  clear it up, but in my personal experience, it did not work on my pores on my nose, probably because my nose is literally a n oil slick.

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 06/20/2016 1:03 pm

On 6/17/2016 at 8:43 PM, Tretinoin said:
Thanks Delovely, glad its been working for your son as well! Tretinoin is definitely one of those things that will test your patience and bring you to the point of giving up if you let it, but if you stick with it you will undoubtedly thank yourself. I'm sure your son is feeling soooooo much better now that these products have worked, I know I am! :) 

He is feeling better, and so am I!!! He still gets the odd pimple but they heal fast, and lately he's been acne-free. PIH is much better too...one of his cheeks is almost mark-free except some minor pitting (can't tell if boxcars or rolling, but they're pretty shallow and may even fade eventually) which considering how bad his skin was a few months ago, is really no big deal. I'll have to post some updated pics so that people can see his progress since April. |::)

MemberMember
(@mainaf2016)

Posted : 06/21/2016 5:02 am

17 hours ago, Tretinoin said:
hey there, your skin looks really good and honestly I don't think anyone would notice those comedones. To answer your question, yes tretinoin may clear it up, but in my personal experience, it did not work on my pores on my nose, probably because my nose is literally a n oil slick.

hi. Thank u bt my nose was poreless. Now after using bha liquid my nose has become dry. But since bha has worked to clear them up to some extent along with using comedone extractor i am wondering if getting a salicylic peel of about 15% would clear out what is stuck inside my pores? As well as those new stubborn commedones ??!! Any suggestion....

MemberMember
(@brokenporecelain)

Posted : 09/23/2016 12:10 am

The retin a I used wrecked my skin...to the person wanting to use retin a for pores...well I had poreless looking skin before using this and now my whole face has pinpricks completely covering it