Notifications
Clear all

Did TCA Cross ruin my skin? 🙁

MemberMember
(@superluke77)

Posted : 06/17/2016 12:28 am

I went to a dermatologist a few days ago and he did a 100% TCA cross on my ice pick scarring. I felt a drop of hit my face during the procedure but stupid me thought it was something he did on purpose at the time. Now looking at it I think a drop fell on accident. The area is pretty wide and there is still frost all over it and its been three days now. I didnt really have any scarring there before and now the area looks slightly indented. I'm really scared, will I get scarring from this? OR will everything fill in and heal over time? I'm so depressed just thinking about it.

MemberMember
(@ommmmmm)

Posted : 06/17/2016 2:11 pm

Keep it covered with vaseline/aquaphor. Moist healing is less likely to scar. Keep the moist scabs on as long as possible.It can take as long as 10-14 days for the wound to close, heal and scabs to come off.Then an additional 2 weeks to continue raising and fading. It can take a long time and the only way is patience. Keep it moist and do not disturb it at any point in the healing process. It can be really, reallydifficult to wait so long to find out the outcome. All I know is the wounds look horrific until the very end so there is hope but you won't know until 2-4 weeks. It's still very, very early for you. You could get scarring if you don't follow proper wound healing procedure. Try to take your mind off of it by distracting yourself and revisit in a month. I hope your derm will be much more careful next time. Perhaps a lower % would also be effective? I find even 50% TCA does the job. Let us know how it turns out. Good luck!

mr. matt liked
MemberMember
(@mr-matt)

Posted : 06/20/2016 9:31 am

On 6/17/2016 at 2:11 PM, Ommmmmm said:

Keep it covered with vaseline/aquaphor. Moist healing is less likely to scar. Keep the moist scabs on as long as possible.It can take as long as 10-14 days for the wound to close, heal and scabs to come off.Then an additional 2 weeks to continue raising and fading. It can take a long time and the only way is patience. Keep it moist and do not disturb it at any point in the healing process. It can be really, reallydifficult to wait so long to find out the outcome. All I know is the wounds look horrific until the very end so there is hope but you won't know until 2-4 weeks. It's still very, very early for you. You could get scarring if you don't follow proper wound healing procedure. Try to take your mind off of it by distracting yourself and revisit in a month. I hope your derm will be much more careful next time. Perhaps a lower % would also be effective? I find even 50% TCA does the job. Let us know how it turns out. Good luck!

This is a sound advice. Keeping the wound moist with vasoline/aquaphor will definitely help the healing process. Also, stay out of the sun to avoid any potential hyperpigmentation issues.

Ommmmmm liked
MemberMember
(@estheticianmia)

Posted : 12/25/2016 7:40 pm

I've done 6 weeks ago and is still super red after scabs fell off. I started using hydrocortisone to help healing process. Any advice to get rid of redness?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 12/26/2016 3:51 am

Please Don't Triple Post ... etc, the answer to your question is under the below faq skin: reds The reds are because it's a wound, are you putting triple antibiotic cream on it to avoid scars. Wet wounds are happy wounds. Also please use makeup until it heals. You can pat it nightly with vinegar diluted with water to sanitize the wound.