Notifications
Clear all

Accutane course length/dosage

MemberMember
(@kunus999)

Posted : 06/16/2016 7:12 am

Hello, I have a simple question,

if one person is on 80mg of accutane for 5 months, is it equal to a 10 months course on 40mg? So if people taking 80mg clear after 4 months, does it mean that people taking 40mg will clear after 8 months?

MemberMember
(@lus4279)

Posted : 06/16/2016 10:30 pm

It mainly depends on the sort of acne. Some people are required to take it over a longer period of time especially if its a more stubborn form of acne but generally yes you are right, they base it on an accumulative dose that you need to take so in the case mentioned above yes it would work the same.

Kunus999 liked
MemberMember
(@kunus999)

Posted : 06/18/2016 8:08 am

On 17.06.2016 at 5:30 AM, lus4279 said:

It mainly depends on the sort of acne. Some people are required to take it over a longer period of time especially if its a more stubborn form of acne but generally yes you are right, they base it on an accumulative dose that you need to take so in the case mentioned above yes it would work the same.

Thanks, I'm asking because unfortunately my acne is really stubborn, and I'm taking 40mg of accutane with 0% improvements, to be honest my skin looks even worse than pre accutane because of dryness, and redness..

*sigh*