Notifications
Clear all

Having a bad day... Just

MemberMember
(@indypendent)

Posted : 06/14/2016 9:14 pm

Hi everyone

So here's my story: I have had acne since I was about 12, I'm 23 now.

It's changed a lot over the years, but I ALWAYS had acne. I don't even know what I would look like with clear skin (though I dream about it sometimes).

Right now I have a bumpy face; many closed comedones, blotchy skin, lots of large pores. Just saw a new derm who was very nice and prescribed me birth control, spiro and epiduo. Here's the thing...I'm kind of at the end of my rope. I've been on a shit ton of medications (incl Tazorac, Duac, antibiotics, Finacea, Tretinoin, etc).

Nothing works...not completely. Most recently I think the Taz left me with enlarged pores and residual redness.

I'm having a low day. I hate that I avoid mirrors. I am never going to have good skin.

The worst part is that NOBODY UNDERSTANDS. Everyone I know has perfect skin (of course).

That's life I guess. Thanks to whoever read this. Venting helps. And reading these posts makes me feel less alone.

<3

MemberMember
(@welcomesmirk)

Posted : 06/15/2016 10:56 pm

Regardless of how bad each case of acne is, growing up with the feeling that you're different sucks. Today was especially hard for me, no reason, I was just being hard on myself. Everyday I try to sort this battle out in my head but it never ends. I have a couple cysts, and even though I know I have better skin than most, I have avoided mirrors and cameras for 10 years. I'm plagued with the idea that I should be perfect, that my skin should be like a movie stars. I wish I could delete the image in my head that tells me I'm not "there yet" /vent

MemberMember
(@bellacat)

Posted : 06/16/2016 12:47 am

I UNDERSTAND. sounds exactly like me, having a bad day today also. not a lot of good days though. trying to just accept my acned face but its been a hard 8 yrs. sounds like you're trying a hormonal approach - wish you luck <3

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 06/16/2016 9:06 am

Hey add me to your " bad day" list.
My skin was doing really good, I had no new breakouts in like 10 days...and all of a sudden, wham! 5 red, itchy pimples with white centers. Its definitely something I ate.
Amazing how you feel on top of the world when your skin is clear then totally shitty when acne rears its ugly head again. And its especially hard because I'm looking for a job!

On 6/14/2016 at 10:14 PM, IndyPendent said:

Hi everyone

So here's my story: I have had acne since I was about 12, I'm 23 now.

It's changed a lot over the years, but I ALWAYS had acne. I don't even know what I would look like with clear skin (though I dream about it sometimes).

Right now I have a bumpy face; many closed comedones, blotchy skin, lots of large pores. Just saw a new derm who was very nice and prescribed me birth control, spiro and epiduo. Here's the thing...I'm kind of at the end of my rope. I've been on a shit ton of medications (incl Tazorac, Duac, antibiotics, Finacea, Tretinoin, etc).

Nothing works...not completely. Most recently I think the Taz left me with enlarged pores and residual redness.

I'm having a low day. I hate that I avoid mirrors. I am never going to have good skin.

The worst part is that NOBODY UNDERSTANDS. Everyone I know has perfect skin (of course).

That's life I guess. Thanks to whoever read this. Venting helps. And reading these posts makes me feel less alone.

<3

heres my advice, I say take the hormonal meds, use a mild was and take antibiotics if you can( or use an antibiotic topical)
Using those harsh products almost always makes things worse...acne is inflammatory and being harsh with your skin seems counter productive. I'm sorry you feel bad, I understand. Everyone has their issues its just hard cause ours is literally on our face.

MemberMember
(@statelywombat)

Posted : 06/19/2016 2:54 pm

I feel you (had acne for 10 years, currently on bc, spiro and epiduo, mediocre results). But every storm runs out of rain (right? I sure hope so...). Sometimes if I really get in a funk I like to watch nature documentaries. It sounds silly, but I guess it reminds me that life is so much bigger than acne or physical appearance in general. Life isn't plastic - animals and humans are flawed - and that's okay. I know it's super corny but in all reality, anything with life is beautiful in its own way. Mosquitos, dogs, trout, humans with and without acne all have a deserving place here.

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 06/19/2016 3:18 pm

22 minutes ago, StatelyWombat said:

I feel you (had acne for 10 years, currently on bc, spiro and epiduo, mediocre results). But every storm runs out of rain (right? I sure hope so...). Sometimes if I really get in a funk I like to watch nature documentaries. It sounds silly, but I guess it reminds me that life is so much bigger than acne or physical appearance in general. Life isn't plastic - animals and humans are flawed - and that's okay. I know it's super corny but in all reality, anything with life is beautiful in its own way. Mosquitos, dogs, trout, humans with and without acne all have a deserving place here.

I love documentaries. I just watched one with "72 most dangerous places"...wow talk about natures fury. I'm also obsessed with cat and dog pics, my favorite are pink kitty paws and mixed breed puppies.