Notifications
Clear all

I can control my acne by the Cavemen regimen, but should I use medication to fade the hyper pigmentation?

MemberMember
(@positivepositivepositive)

Posted : 06/13/2016 1:35 am

Hello there!

Here's circumstances I'm in:

I can reduce my acne by doing nothing,
almost to a point that I'm quite confident in a year or so it will clear right up naturally.

But here's the thing - hyper pigmentation.

I'm a dark skinned person(I'm Asian but my skin just dark and easily tanned),every time I got pimple it left with brown hyper pigmentation which takes half year or more to fade. Or in some cases takes longer than a year.

I've heard and tempted to try azelatic acid because it treats especially good against my type of hyperpigmentation.

But the thing is, should I try it?

Afterall I'm getting better by leaving my face alone, almost to a point that I have no pimple, should I introduce a topical at this point? I'm kind of worried that it will affect my progress.

Should I just waits and waits for them to fade naturally, or use this azelaic acid?

Opinion are much appreciated!
Thanks.

MemberMember
(@welcomesmirk)

Posted : 06/13/2016 2:29 am

I started the cavemen regimen a while ago due to pure laziness and found the my hyper pigmentation was not reducing all that effectively. I used a mix of different essential oils for scar reduction including tea tree oil, and found that it actually had a great impact. The scars I was applying them to were caused by ingrown hairs on my face, and had become infected past the point of being there for months(I'm a male).

MemberMember
(@positivepositivepositive)

Posted : 06/13/2016 4:25 am

1 hour ago, WelcomeSmirk said:

I started the cavemen regimen a while ago due to pure laziness and found the my hyper pigmentation was not reducing all that effectively. I used a mix of different essential oils for scar reduction including tea tree oil, and found that it actually had a great impact. The scars I was applying them to were caused by ingrown hairs on my face, and had become infected past the point of being there for months(I'm a male).

Very helpful! Thank you! Glad to hear you're getting better by taking your own decision! I hope mine will do too!