Notifications
Clear all

Sweating makes me break out, what to do!?

MemberMember
(@jasonco4)

Posted : 06/11/2016 6:14 pm

Hello! I'm new to this forum but I decided to sign up because I have a pretty frustrating question that hopefully someone might be able to shed some light on! I work as an Electrician and most of the time I end up sweating all over my face for most of the 8 hours in a day... After all these years, I have come to realize that it is sweating that is making me break out as much as I do. Recently I had a job for about a month where I worked in doors with nice cool AC :), and my acne over that period of time almost went away. But, once that job finished and I went back to sweating daily again, all my acne came back instantly. I'm almost 100% sure that sweating is causing pretty bad acne all over my face. I have had acne my entire life and have tried many things like accutane and doctor prescribed medications, but nothing has worked. But, I think I have finally pinpointed one of the reasons I get it. If anyone knows how I can possibly prevent sweat from causing acne, that information to me is priceless! I simply cannot avoid sweating in my line of field, and there is no hat or headband I can wear to prevent sweat from getting on my face, I have tried it all and sweat WILL get on my face whether I like it or not haha :(. I appreciate any advice from anyone, anything is greatly appreciated! Hope to hear from some of you, thank you!

PS: Been searching the web for answered, but they ALL seam to be related to sweating while working out for 30 minutes. But for me its very different because I'm sweating for 8 hours, so I can't just workout for 30 minutes and wash my face afterwards. :( 

MemberMember
(@jasonco4)

Posted : 06/11/2016 9:02 pm

edit

MemberMember
(@asburypark101)

Posted : 06/11/2016 9:20 pm

I have some friends that have this exact problem and what helped them was to use some facial wipes, I think they were called Sweat Block, but I am not 100 percent sure. They used this a couple times a day and it helped a lot with lessening the impact their sweat had on their acne.

MemberMember
(@jasonco4)

Posted : 06/11/2016 10:20 pm

59 minutes ago, asburypark101 said:

I have some friends that have this exact problem and what helped them was to use some facial wipes, I think they were called Sweat Block, but I am not 100 percent sure. They used this a couple times a day and it helped a lot with lessening the impact their sweat had on their acne.

Awesome, thank you! I'll look into it now

MemberMember
(@asburypark101)

Posted : 06/11/2016 11:06 pm

45 minutes ago, JasonCo4 said:
1 hour ago, asburypark101 said:

Awesome, thank you! I'll look into it now

No problem, happy to help. Try this like 2-3 times a day and then make sure you shower or at least wash your face when you get home. Good luck :)

MemberMember
(@jasonco4)

Posted : 06/11/2016 11:31 pm

15 minutes ago, asburypark101 said:
No problem, happy to help. Try this like 2-3 times a day and then make sure you shower or at least wash your face when you get home. Good luck :)

Will do! Right now I wash my face in the morning (with soap). I also put moisturizer on to help trick my skin into preventing it from getting oily. After around 4 hours of working and after lunch, I'll wash my face with just water. Then when I get home from work I'll take a shower and wash with soap. I do this religiously on a daily basis. Unfortunately it is no where near enough ;(. I'll try out the sweat block, it looks like it actually tries to prevent you from sweating. I'm going to give it a try though, maybe it is what my skin needs. Won't hurt to try!

MemberMember
(@tomcorbin)

Posted : 06/12/2016 7:56 am

Jason,

Do you wear safety glasses and a hard hat? I do. I'm out working 10 hours a day myself. I've started cleaning both of those things with alcohol wipes. In addition I clean my face with a sea salt solution 2-3 times a day. It's worked for me.

MemberMember
(@jasonco4)

Posted : 06/12/2016 10:59 am

3 hours ago, TomCorbin said:

Jason,

Do you wear safety glasses and a hard hat? I do. I'm out working 10 hours a day myself. I've started cleaning both of those things with alcohol wipes. In addition I clean my face with a sea salt solution 2-3 times a day. It's worked for me.

Hey Tom, actually I really don't wear PPE gear too often! The company I work at does a lot of service calls and smaller jobs (no ground ups) and most of the time hard hats and safety glasses aren't required. At least for my section of the company, but sometimes It's required if we're working in a place like a factory or warehouse where it is part of the warehouse rules. But I must say, I do wear hats like 90% of the time.. I'll look into the sea salt solution though, I do remember coming back from vacation with smooth skin after swimming in the ocean every day. haha

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 06/13/2016 8:49 am

Idk but could you maybe wipe off your face every hour or so with a cool wash cloth? Lose weight if you're overweight too. The Sweat Block sounds like a great idea.

MemberMember
(@kari1987)

Posted : 06/17/2016 10:02 pm

Consider increasing your skins natural immunity by not washing with soap, and instead use an acidic toner. Since you already use oil, try the oil cleansing method insted of soap. This should help your skin throughout the day to fight against the bacteria that seems to like your sweat.