Notifications
Clear all

Anyone tried PLEXR for acne or scars?

MemberMember
(@angelinna)

Posted : 06/10/2016 5:25 am

Plexr (contractionof Plasma-resection) is a medical device developed in 2008 by an Italian doctor (Pr FIPPI). It consists of a room the size of a large pen at the end of which one adapts a thin metal rod that will produce a tiny plasma arc when you approach a few millimeters from the surface of the skin.

He will induce a powerful rise in temperature (>1000 C) in the cells on the surface of the skin (corneocytes) that will instantly be volatilized (phenomenon of excision) by sublimation.without allowing the heat to achieve layers underneath, which are soperfectly preserved.

It is throughthis device controlledsurface abrasion which induces a dermal retraction through which it can correct all types of imperfections.

MemberMember
(@tzw)

Posted : 01/04/2017 9:29 am

I did Plexr a week ago. Previously I did fraxel laser and CO2, but with no results. After the first session of Plexr I think there is, maybe, a slight improvement in a couple of scars (and I have a lot of them of all sorts), though I'm not sure whether it will be permanent. Most of the scars are now red, just like after I did fraxel so I hope it will fade away soon.

I'll do a 2nd session in the following weeks. It seems to be better for me than fraxel, but nothing revolutionary.

MemberMember
(@tzw)

Posted : 01/12/2017 5:26 pm

It's two weeks now, there is no immediate improvement of scars so all I can hope for is that it really will stimulatethe production of collagen over time.

This is what the procedure looks like:

MemberMember
(@desperatesoul0111)

Posted : 12/19/2018 8:34 pm

On 1/12/2017 at 10:26 PM, TZW said:

It's two weeks now, there is no immediate improvement of scars so all I can hope for is that it really will stimulatethe production of collagen over time.

This is what the procedure looks like:

what abot now?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 12/20/2018 9:31 am

@CrashBashThis is a very old post, the person won't respond. Plexr is mainly done in Europe and Asia. Dr Emil has this device in Denmark. It does not do anything major for scarring unless it's very minor. The main treatment is eyelids. RF needling is so much more powerful. You guys also have Tixel in Europe if you wish to try this for minor scars and don't want something as powerful as a laser.