Notifications
Clear all

[UK] Moisturiser + Treatment Products?

MemberMember
(@johnthejew)

Posted : 06/09/2016 12:32 pm

I have dry skin and don't like the oily greasy feel. I have some acne that goes on and off in the upper left of my temple, above my glasses' frame.

What are some good products, the fewer the beater, that will moisturise and remove acne?

Is jojobaoil the one?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tisserand-Organic-Jojoba-Pure-Blending/dp/B000Q351JG/

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 06/09/2016 12:43 pm

Jojoba oil will moisturize but it won't get rid of acne.

You need something to combat acne with some kind of spot treatment (i.e. benzoyl peroxide, AHA, tretinoin, salacylic acid) and then follow it up with a good moisturize. I recommend Cerave Moisturizing Lotion if you don't like greasy moisturizers.

MemberMember
(@johnthejew)

Posted : 06/09/2016 3:46 pm

3 hours ago, nicmic62 said:

Jojoba oil will moisturize but it won't get rid of acne.

You need something to combat acne with some kind of spot treatment (i.e. benzoyl peroxide, AHA, tretinoin, salacylic acid) and then follow it up with a good moisturize. I recommend Cerave Moisturizing Lotion if you don't like greasy moisturizers.

Awesome. Ordered a tub of Cerave. Looks real good! :) 

There are so many brands of Benzoyl. What do I look for on Amazon UK? 

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 06/09/2016 4:12 pm

24 minutes ago, JohnTheJew said:
Awesome. Ordered a tub of Cerave. Looks real good! :) 

There are so many brands of Benzoyl. What do I look for on Amazon UK? 

I apply bezoyl peroxide twice a day as part of my regimen and use it on my whole face so I use the Acne.org brand. It is great and smooth and I get it in a huge bottle. If you don't use a spot treatment too often then try Benzac or Neautrogena On The Spot. Make sure they are only 2.5%. That percentage works just as good at 5% and 10% without drying out your skin too much. 

MemberMember
(@iwikiwi)

Posted : 06/10/2016 6:41 am

Go to any pharmacy and ask for benzoyl peroxide, the most popular one is Panoxyl and it's around three quid.
There is literally no point shopping for a particular brand, all of these benzoyl gels are pretty much the same and will work.
Avoid Quinoderm tho - feels greasy to me.