Notifications
Clear all

Zinc: The Natural, Miracle Cure for My Acne

MemberMember
(@eastcoastellie)

Posted : 06/08/2016 3:08 pm

Dear acne sufferers,

If you haven't already tried taking a zinc supplement for your acne, then you must start now! Here's why:

* There is a summary at the bottom of thispost for those who don't want to read the whole thing.

I have suffered with acne for years. Not severe acne, fortunately, but with moderate acne that just never seemed to respond to any form of treatment. Trust me, I've tried it all (except for Accutane). It nearly makes me sick to my stomach to think about the exorbitant amount of money I've spent on acne products in the past several years. Cleansers, moisturizers, exfoliants, BHAs, AHAs, BP ... you name it, I've tried it. Oh how I wish I had all that money back! The things I could see and do with it ...

Anyway, as many of you know, adult acne can be especially damaging to your self esteem. Here you are, finishing up college perhaps, embarking on a new career, trying to impress clients. You're mature now and you're supposed to look the part. But ... you've got acne and when you hit your 20s it feels like a bit of a failure doesn't it? At least it did for me.

Making a good impression professionally is extremely important to me. But with a face covered in bumps, I could never find my confidence. I couldnt look people in the eye. I would subtly turn my face when talking to people so they couldnt see my bad side as clearly. I would take SICK days from work when I was breaking out particularly badly and couldnt cover up my skin well enough to leave the house. Then I would sit at home drowning in guilt for taking those sick days. I would cancel plans with my friends. And then sit at home scrolling through all their fun pictures on Facebook.

I spent hours and hours analyzing (and torturing) my skin, doing research, trying new products and subsequentlythrowing OUT those products when they didnt work.

Because nothing worked. No matter what I did and what products I used, the result was always the same. And it wasnt good.

I wont go into much more detail about how this acne made me feel. You all know what its like and what the condition does to you, your life, your career and your relationships.

I have suffered with acne throughout my 20s. I am now 29. Thiswinter and spring, my acne seemed to become more and more persistent and stubborn. For some reason unbeknownst to me, I started developing particularly bad neck acne and acne around my mouth and chin. My neck was covered with whiteheads every day. No matter what I did, they were always there. I eliminated product after product (including hair products) and tried new ones. I even tried eliminating some foods (like dairy) for a while. But no luck. It was maddening. I thought, I cant go one more year worrying about this. Im almost 30!

So finally, FINALLY, I think I have found my miracle cure and I just had to share it with you all. If I can help just one person cure their acne, then I will be thrilled.

I had read some articles about the connection between zinc deficiency and acne before, but had never really given it much thought. But for some reason, when I was feeling particularly low and frustrated with my skin, the idea of zinc supplementation popped into my head. I swear it was like some dermatological angel whispered it into my ear.

I started really delving into research on zinc and acne, and the more I read, the more convinced I was that I had to try it. I went to the pharmacy and bought a bottle of 50 mg zinc gluconate tablets. I took one on a Tuesday night and by Friday, I had no new pimples. Not one. In fact, all the whiteheads on my neck that responded to NOTHING, suddenly disappeared. Day by day, things just kept getting better. Since I wasnt getting any new pimples, the only thing left to clear up were marks from old pimples. And gradually those have gotten better.

I cant tell you how ecstatic I am over this discovery. And how mad I am that I didnt try it sooner. All it took to cure YEARS of stubborn acne was a natural supplement taken once per day.

So thats it, folks! Ive been completely clear now for over a month. There is not even a hint of a pimple on the horizon.

Im not saying this is going to work for everyone. Every individual body has its own reasons for its disorders. But I do believe that acne is a sign of internal problems. Whats happening inside your body is reflected on the outside. Remember, your skin is your largest organ. And if its suffering, then you have to wonder what else is going on.

But if youre like me and youve tried everything else, this just might be what your body needs. Its an easy, natural, inexpensive treatment and its worth a try.

Give it some time too. My acne cleared in just a few days, but remember, my acne is moderate, not severe.

One word of caution: you will see all kinds of posts from people who say theyre taking insane doses of zinc every day to cure their acne. PLEASE dont do that. Your body can only tolerate a small amount of zinc. Even vitamins and minerals can be harmful if you overdose on them. I only took ONE 50 mg pill every day and it worked for me. Read the labels carefully and DO NOT take more than the daily recommended dose. Also, PLEASE heed the note on zinc supplements that says to take the pill with a meal. This is serious business. Zinc has the potential to make you very nauseous if you take it on an empty stomach. So take it with a heavy meal like your dinner each day. I have found that all forms of zinc have worked for my skin. But I will note that zinc picolinate seemed to be the easiest on my stomach.

Okay, now off to the pharmacy you go! And let me know your results! I so hope this works for you as well as it has for me. Best of luck!

* SUMMARY: Taking a daily 50 mg zinc supplement cured my persistent, stubborn, moderate adult acne in three days. I have not had a new pimple in over a month. I have found that all forms of zinc work just as well; however, zinc picolinate seems to be the easiest on the stomach. Please note that zinc MUST be taken with a meal, otherwise it will cause nausea. Also, please note that you should NOT take more than the recommended daily dose asthis can be extremely dangerous. 50 mg per day is more than enough. Good luck! Its easy to take, natural and inexpensive, and its worth a try.

MemberMember
(@nathanielpierce)

Posted : 09/08/2016 8:54 am

Up!
Do any of you tried zinc in high dosages? -ex. 200mg zinc gluconate. I strongly believe that zinc can cure acne immedially. I am keen on sharing my experience with anyone related to zinc treatment. Everyone must try zinc high dosing for only a week! This might change your life entirely.

MemberMember
(@kelbell812)

Posted : 09/12/2016 8:42 am

On 9/8/2016 at 9:54 AM, NathanielPierce said:

Up!
Do any of you tried zinc in high dosages? -ex. 200mg zinc gluconate. I strongly believe that zinc can cure acne immedially. I am keen on sharing my experience with anyone related to zinc treatment. Everyone must try zinc high dosing for only a week! This might change your life entirely.

I have to disagree with you. As the OP said you should not be taking high doses of zinc as this can be toxic for the body. You should not be taking more than 50 mg a day.

Jenjen77 liked