Notifications
Clear all

Are there natural ways to get rid of hormonal acne?

MemberMember
(@amberhay)

Posted : 06/07/2016 12:21 pm

Hi! I'm 18 years old and currently struggling with what I think it's hormonal acne. I have it on the sides of my chin and on my forehead, but it's not that bad up there. It's not cystic acne, just small red pimples on the surface that turn into small whiteheads and that start as clogged pores. I've been having these constant breakouts since one year ago. My periods are regular, I'm really thin and I don't have excess body hair. I used to have glowing and flawless skin, I don't have any idea what happened. Looking at my skin in pictures of me from one year ago makes me so sad I can't even put it into words. I also have to admit that I eat lots of junk food and I also smoke. But this is how I've always been. My skin was flawless back then even though I smoked everyday, rarely drank water, ate mainly junk food. What can I do? Will my skin look better if I stop smoking and start eating healthier? Does that really balance hormones? I'd also like to know some natural remedies that work. I've heard about green tea and spearmint tea, are they worth trying? Because I have some gunpowder green tea in the kitchen.Thank you for reading!

MemberMember
(@monroeqt)

Posted : 06/07/2016 9:05 pm

8 hours ago, Amberhay said:

Hi! I'm 18 years old and currently struggling with what I think it's hormonal acne. I have it on the sides of my chin and on my forehead, but it's not that bad up there. It's not cystic acne, just small red pimples on the surface that turn into small whiteheads and that start as clogged pores. I've been having these constant breakouts since one year ago. My periods are regular, I'm really thin and I don't have excess body hair. I used to have glowing and flawless skin, I don't have any idea what happened. Looking at my skin in pictures of me from one year ago makes me so sad I can't even put it into words. I also have to admit that I eat lots of junk food and I also smoke. But this is how I've always been. My skin was flawless back then even though I smoked everyday, rarely drank water, ate mainly junk food. What can I do? Will my skin look better if I stop smoking and start eating healthier? Does that really balance hormones? I'd also like to know some natural remedies that work. I've heard about green tea and spearmint tea, are they worth trying? Because I have some gunpowder green tea in the kitchen. Thank you for reading!

Yes! I've been consuming a cup of matcha green tea every day, and it seems to really help me. :) My breakouts are like yours; always on the sides of my chin(sometimes cystic though). If you do buy some matcha green tea, make sure you get organic. I recommend Encha, or Tealyra for brands. One of the main differences between regular green tea and matcha green tea, is that with matcha, you are consuming the entire leaf, so you are getting almost 10x more of the benefits of regular green tea.  It's also really delicious and refreshing. Personally, I like mine iced. It is more expensive than regular green tea, so if money is an issue then green tea is a good second choice. I encourage you to research the benefits of matcha because it is quite wonderful. Check out Acne Einstein on Google, he has a good write up on why green tea is beneficial for acne. 

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 06/08/2016 9:03 am

11 hours ago, MonroeQT said:
Yes! I've been consuming a cup of matcha green tea every day, and it seems to really help me. :) My breakouts are like yours; always on the sides of my chin(sometimes cystic though). If you do buy some matcha green tea, make sure you get organic. I recommend Encha, or Tealyra for brands. One of the main differences between regular green tea and matcha green tea, is that with matcha, you are consuming the entire leaf, so you are getting almost 10x more of the benefits of regular green tea.  It's also really delicious and refreshing. Personally, I like mine iced. It is more expensive than regular green tea, so if money is an issue then green tea is a good second choice. I encourage you to research the benefits of matcha because it is quite wonderful. Check out Acne Einstein on Google, he has a good write up on why green tea is beneficial for acne. 

can you buy it locally like at a health store? I've been drinking green and white tea.

MemberMember
(@monroeqt)

Posted : 06/08/2016 9:18 am

14 minutes ago, snarkygirl said:
12 hours ago, MonroeQT said:

can you buy it locally like at a health store? I've been drinking green and white tea.

Yes you can. I have a local health store here and they have several different brands.  Just make sure it's organic.