Notifications
Clear all

Vitamin help

MemberMember
(@remy45)

Posted : 06/06/2016 3:58 am

Iv suffered with mild acne for the past 4 years and I wanted to consider taking some vitamins to help even out my skin tone and fade scars and even prevent zits forming. But I don't know what to start taking!!
Iv researched vitamin c and zinc tablets , vit e and vit a and vit d. But I don't know what I should take.
If anyone has taken vitamins please help and recommend some vitamins Fir me for clear skin. Thank you

Ps my skin is not problematic. I just have some hyperpigmentaion scars and the occasional pimple.

MemberMember
(@kelbell812)

Posted : 06/08/2016 8:08 am

You could always try taking one of those "hair, skin & nails" multivitamins. Trader Joe's has one for pretty cheap, that's what I have been using the past few weeks. They usually contain all the vitamins that most people say are good for clearing skin. Plus, taking a multivitamin is better for absorption than just taking one vitamin on it's own. The only downside is not knowing which particular vitamins are helping, but it's a good starting place and is cheaper than buying a bunch separately!

MemberMember
(@remy45)

Posted : 06/08/2016 6:29 pm

That's a good point, thanks. I'll try them out and see how they work. Have you seen an improvement in your skin after using them?

MemberMember
(@eastcoastellie)

Posted : 06/08/2016 6:34 pm

Hi there! You should read my post about zinc. It's what worked for my acne :). 50 mg per day.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/359966-zinc-the-natural-miracle-cure-for-my-acne/

MemberMember
(@remy45)

Posted : 06/10/2016 6:11 pm

Wow thanks. Just read it. It seems like that may be the answer to my problem. I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

MemberMember
(@jenjen77)

Posted : 09/13/2016 1:01 pm

it's probably best to go to a naturopath and speak with them to get some tests done? Also, hormonal herbs.