Notifications
Clear all

Flat hyperpigmentation scars which WON'T FADE

MemberMember
(@remy45)

Posted : 06/06/2016 3:45 am

I'm 18 years old wth fairly clear skin and monthly breakouts. Y breakouts are always simple red pimples which ALWAYS leave scars. The scars are flat but a dark brown red colour and I've had the scars for years. Every method iv tried can't seem to get rid of them!!
Over the last 5 weeks iv been rubbing potato on my face and wearing a turmeric mask and although that had lightened them slightly they won't disappear!
Please if anyone had has any advice on how to fade them, share it.
Thanks in advance

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 06/06/2016 1:57 pm

Its hard to tell you without pictures, but they will fade eventually as long as they are flat. If the zit went deep they can take a year or more to fade. If its that bad and you have a lot of them vbeam laser can solve the problem relatively fast. Not all marks take that long though. The AHA glycolic acid on this site helps speed the healing rate, as does retin-a which you would need to ask a dermatologist about. Daily use of sunscreen is crucial as the sun can make them darker and prolong the healing process.

If you feel like posting pictures we could give you better advice. Just be patient and eventually youll be fine.

MemberMember
(@remy45)

Posted : 06/08/2016 5:57 am

Thanks for the reply. I have glycolic acid pads by nip and fab. Do you think they would work?
I want to wear sunscreen but it always breaks me out. I can't find a suncream which isn't pore clogging or comedogenic.

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 06/08/2016 2:59 pm

Glycolic acid is great for red marks but makes you more sensitive to the sun. I use Cetaphils SPF 30 oil control moisturizer. Its non comedogenic and doesnt break me out. Daily use of sunscreen is non negotiable or you wont really get anywhere. Those home remedies like rubbing potatoes on your skin are just myths and wont do anything.

MemberMember
(@angelinna)

Posted : 06/08/2016 5:16 pm

11 hours ago, Remy45 said:

I want to wear sunscreen but it always breaks me out. I can't find a suncream which isn't pore clogging or comedogenic.

Have you tried Badger SPF 30 unscented sunscreen? Azelaic acid, you can get it as a cream or gel, is really good for acne and postinflammatory hyperpigmentation.

MemberMember
(@remy45)

Posted : 06/08/2016 6:32 pm

That sunscreen sounds pretty good. I'll read some reviews and try it out. Thanks!

3 hours ago, QuanHenry said:

Glycolic acid is great for red marks but makes you more sensitive to the sun. I use Cetaphils SPF 30 oil control moisturizer. Its non comedogenic and doesnt break me out. Daily use of sunscreen is non negotiable or you wont really get anywhere. Those home remedies like rubbing potatoes on your skin are just myths and wont do anything.

The potatoes really do work in smoothening and lightning my skin. Also do you use the cetaphil moisturiser as your sunscreen? I thought moisturisers with spf weren't sufficient enough.