Notifications
Clear all

HELP with Post inflammatory hyperpig extractions accutane

MemberMember
(@crapskin)

Posted : 06/05/2016 10:44 am

I was put on roaccutane I've been on for 5 months at 40mg a day.

Last week I was told I would need extractions done and would take about 30mins. Safe to say when I went this week I was there for hour and 40min. Was really painful and I'm now red raw. I had it done all over face apart from nose and chin.

As you can see from the picture that's before and after the after picture is 3 days after extractions and redness not going at all and very sore.

Anything I can use to reduce redness. I'm UK based so would need to be something from a UK drug store. Thanks. 
2016-06-05_11.39.10.jpg

MemberMember
(@bentley-boo)

Posted : 06/05/2016 10:48 am

I'm in the UK and have these red marks so will be looking for suggestions too. At the moment I have taken to using Clearasil face wash and Mask for blemishes and marks which is helping a little. I wouldn't use it if your skin is sensitive though it might hurt.

MemberMember
(@crapskin)

Posted : 06/05/2016 12:13 pm

I've just sent the pictures to my derm and she said having the extractions done whilst on accutane can be hard on my skin so she's sending me a prescription to my pharmacy in the morning and in the mean time she said add a layer of sudocrem over the effected areas so fingers crossed it reduces the red.marks a little.

MemberMember
(@bentley-boo)

Posted : 06/05/2016 2:43 pm

hope it works for you!

MemberMember
(@crapskin)

Posted : 06/06/2016 8:34 am

17 hours ago, Bentley.boo said:

hope it works for you!

Nope it didn't do anythinget to reduce the redness