Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Acnelad1999

How to get rid of these scars

ok guys, will update you on my skin after 1 month... my routine if anyone wants to know;
AM: 
-african black soap 
-Meladerm (skin lightener)
-Sunscreen

PM:
-african black soap
-glycolic acid (12%)
-retin a (0.025%)
-Meladerm 

also will derma roll every month

wish me luck!

Both are strong actives and exfoliate your skin. Using them together will be an overkill. Even using the retin a every night at first could be very drying. 

I think ink you need to do some research before jumping into using actives.

Edited by UtmostGeese

Dang, that's a good regimen. I heard about african black soap, does that really work? I'm probably going to be starting on a similar regimen to you as I need to start treatment on my acne scars immediately. 

Try the ZIIT method. http://www.acne.org/the-ziit-method.html

It should calm your initial breakout. Make sure you're not using a lot of glycolic acid and retin a. I know, more sounds like better but it could be too irritating for your skin. 

Take things slow. You're doing everything right. Keep us updated if your condition worsens. Discontinue the products if it does, you don't want more scarring. 

Edited by AcneScience

yh cant lie i think the regimen even after a few days is making my skin look worse! i think that im being to harsh on it. am gonna just use epiduo cream

guys quick question, i have decided to go to a clinic and get a treatment done to hurry the process up! i was wondering what treatment would suit my skin best: alot of hyperpigmentation with some holes and shallow scars

I personally wouldn't go through a treatment as it's unnecessarily expensive and the results are mixed.

Some people have had terrible to no improvement and ended up wasting money. People had more success with TCA cross and peels. 

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/348834-~my~-subcisionmicroneedling-journey-w-2-week-protocol-more/

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/337794-scar-success/

Those are good threads. I'm actually going to alter my routine towards a minimalist routine and experiment myself. 

To to be honest with you, if you're beat down by the scars, you can cover it up with makeup but that's a bit desperate. :smileys_n_people_9:

lol trust me mate, sometimes im like lol dw about your scars they will go with time and other times i keep thinking that youve has bad skin for nearly 1 year now , the marks are going to stay there for life! think i just need re assurance they will go lol

Yeah I understand where you're coming from. On a brighter note, your skin looks great just need to reduce the redness and you'll look great. Let me know how it goes with your scar recovery, I'm interested in your results! 

Yeah I will post pics after a few months, quick question like I have large pores on my cheeks and also some holes however they're not deep so I was wondering would dermarolling get rid of it or should I go for a chemical peel 

this is my skin under bright light, anyhting i should be worried about? or will they all go with time and patience? only reason im asking is because there are slight holes and indentations and was wondering if they fill in naturally?image.pngimage.png

Your cheeks look good. Minor marks imo. I think some should heal. But I am no expert at skin. My own is very awful post accutane... Feel jealous to be honest.

what you have mostly are not acne scars but are classified as post-inflammatory acne marks. I had them too when I was finally getting rid of my acne. What you could do to speed up the process of getting rid of those red marks and the indents you are concerned about is to go get a fraxel dual laser ( V-beam) treatment done. 

I underwent this procedure and it gave me great results. You should look into V-beam because your red marks are due to blood vessels overworking itself to heal your acne which cannot be removed from chemical peels (don't waste your money on that like I did). For your indents, the fraxel could help build collagen in your skin and speed up the process of healing. 

Remember to only trust certified board cosmetic dermatologists and do your research on them! Best of luck. 

Be careful with harsh treatments, no need to rush. Your skin isnt perfect of course but I can see acne/ blemishes and PIE. Your skin is good otherwise with minor marks.

Dont over treat as many people pick up more damage instead. Less is more.

11 hours ago, Worriedscared1 said:

Be careful with harsh treatments, no need to rush. Your skin isnt perfect of course but I can see acne/ blemishes and PIE. Your skin is good otherwise with minor marks.

Dont over treat as many people pick up more damage instead. Less is more.

im using epiduo and sunscreen during the day and using meladerm and moisturiser during the night, is that ok?