Notifications
Clear all

Nervous about Accutane

MemberMember
(@cairotrip)

Posted : 06/03/2016 7:34 pm

Hello, I'm new here. So today, my dermatologist offered me Accutane (of course one of the generic brands). He started me on a low dose (30mg), once daily since he said I'm really not that "bad". It's been almost 10 years and three different dermatologists later, these prescription acne lotions and creams cocktail and even antibiotics---I still get painful deep acne cysts in my jawline and chin areas. My cheeks and forehead are clear though so no problem. Plus, I get cortisone shots every time I get these painful cysts and I pay like hella money.

It's not practical to get cortisone shotsthese acneappears because they are so expensive and who has the time to go to a dermatologist every other day right?

I'm just nervous because I start next week. I read reviews about dry patches, flaky skin and dry lips and even initial breakouts (Lord, I hope not). Maybe I just need encouragement. If you have any products recommendation and tips and tricks please do tell.

MemberMember
(@oli-girl)

Posted : 06/04/2016 1:13 am

I guess my question would be first is what is going to be your dose and length of time? If you just have it on your jawline and chin have you had your hormones tested?