Notifications
Clear all

Very bad acne flare up- please help?!

MemberMember
(@acnehelp1989)

Posted : 06/02/2016 6:34 pm

So I apologize for these disgusting pictures, but my skin right now looks like the top picture, and it normally looks like the bottom one (I do have makeup on as you can tell but it wasn't half as severe). I'm in my teens and I've always had problems with acne everywhere, but I had just started to get it under control until late last week when it hit the worst point I've ever seen it get. I think it's because of a Biore charcoal soap that I had just began using. I heard people rave about it so I went out and bought it so I could try it, and a day or so later my face was broken out in extremely painful and red pimples. My face isn't oily, yet not dry either (my face looks oily in the top picture because I had just gotten out of the shower and put aloe on). I have prom in a little more than a week and I'm absolutely freaking out. My skin has been this bad for about 7 days now. What can I do to get it to go down?? I heard extra virgin cold pressed olive oil works well so I'm going to try that.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@banban)

Posted : 06/03/2016 1:28 am

Stop using the stuff that made you break out. Drink water. Im not sure about olive oil never tried it myself. Just relax and dont stress!

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 06/03/2016 4:57 pm

I'd say don't use ANYTHING olive oil could clog your skin. Take benedryl in case its an allergic reaction.

MemberMember
(@elee92)

Posted : 06/04/2016 10:03 pm

Use a gentle, mild cleanser like Cetaphil. Don't scrub/exfoliate/irritate your skin more than you have to.
I find that Thayer's witch hazel (alcohol free) helps make my acne look slightly less angry.
Mix a moisturizing lotion (again, I recommend Cetaphil) with 2-3 drops of tea tree oil
Always wear some form of SPF and reapply as needed throughout the day
Keep the skin on your face moisturized!

Keep your hair out of your face, be diligent about changing your pillow case every night. Use clean towels, keep your hands off your face, etc. Don't stress, get lots of sleep. Stay away from excessive sugar, dairy, flour, oil, etc. - just eat a healthy, clean diet and keep hydrated.