Notifications
Clear all

Best Cruelty-free moisturizer?

MemberMember
(@monroeqt)

Posted : 06/01/2016 10:23 pm

I need help finding a new daytime moisturizer that is cruelty-free. I have a great moisturizer that I use at night, but it's too rich to use during the day. Any suggestions? I have really dry skin that is prone to cystic breakouts. Thanks everyone.

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 06/02/2016 1:42 pm

15 hours ago, MonroeQT said:

I need help finding a new daytime moisturizer that is cruelty-free. I have a great moisturizer that I use at night, but it's too rich to use during the day. Any suggestions? I have really dry skin that is prone to cystic breakouts. Thanks everyone.

I like SIBU serum or the SIBU moisturizer. I'm pretty sure it's not tested on animals but you can double check on Amazon

MonroeQT liked
MemberMember
(@hopeless87)

Posted : 06/02/2016 3:13 pm

i like andalou naturals' moisturizers a lot, epecially the probiotic + vit c one. cerave also doesnt test on animals and their pm moisturizer is nice (if you dont mind some parbens in it).
MonroeQT liked
MemberMember
(@monroeqt)

Posted : 06/03/2016 5:13 pm

Thanks you two. I decided on the AM moisturizer by EltaMD. :)

MemberMember
(@angelinna)

Posted : 06/09/2016 3:43 am

On June 4, 2016 at 0:13 AM, MonroeQT said:

Thanks you two. I decided on the AM moisturizer by EltaMD. :)

Purified Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Niacinamide, Lauryl PEG-9 Polymethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Piptadenia Colubrina Peel Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Allantoin, Caffeine, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Capryloyl Glycine, Undecylenoyl Glycine, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide

If you have acne-prone or oily skin, dimethicone might make you break out more. 

MonroeQT liked
MemberMember
(@monroeqt)

Posted : 06/09/2016 10:14 am

11 hours ago, Angelinna said:
Purified Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Niacinamide, Lauryl PEG-9 Polymethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Piptadenia Colubrina Peel Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Allantoin, Caffeine, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Capryloyl Glycine, Undecylenoyl Glycine, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide

If you have acne-prone or oily skin, dimethicone might make you break out more.

Hey! Thanks for taking the time to research that for me, I really appreciate it. Why is that? I'm guessing it's listed as a comedogenic ingredient? If so, I don't take those ratings too seriously. The way they're tested is not very reliable. For me, I try to avoid ingredients that cause irritation to my skin(since it's so sensitive), like alcohol.Still, I think I'm going to continue using my desert date oil(which I love) until my skin is clear before introducing it into my regimen so that I can deterime if it breaks me out or not.

MemberMember
(@hopeless87)

Posted : 06/09/2016 2:22 pm

i looked it up the eltamd on cosdna and it doesnt actually look too bad
http://cosdna.com/eng/cosmetic_96b7141049.html

MonroeQT liked
MemberMember
(@monroeqt)

Posted : 06/09/2016 2:48 pm

31 minutes ago, hopeless87 said:

i looked it up the eltamd on cosdna and it doesnt actually look too bad
http://cosdna.com/eng/cosmetic_96b7141049.html

Yeah, I did a good amount of research before I bought it. It has great reviews everywhere I looked. I'll let you guys know how I like it. I noticed that it has a '0' irritancy rating all across the board, which is the most important thing to me and my skin type.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/12/2016 11:48 pm

I have been using the acne lotion from timeless organics skin care. All vegan, cruelty free, organic. Really great natural ingredients and what not. Doesnt irritate and it's super light.

MemberMember
(@monroeqt)

Posted : 07/16/2016 8:49 pm

I'll look into that, thank you! Do you find it helps clear acne up as well? Or is it just a good moisturizer?

On July 12, 2016 at 11:48 PM, sh1234 said:

I have been using the acne lotion from timeless organics skin care. All vegan, cruelty free, organic. Really great natural ingredients and what not. Doesnt irritate and it's super light.

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 07/17/2016 8:06 am

Hey again :)
I may have posted this before but I'm using GREEN TEA EXTRACT+ SEA BUCKTHORN OIL at the moment and I'm very happy with the results so far . My skin is really calm and smoother. I gave up on the duac and the only thing I'm doing is washing with ground oatmeal, and using those two as a topical twice per day.
A spot treatment that I've teied is Burt's Bees diaper cream with zinc. It really does well on red spots or spots that you've picked at . Weleda has one too.
All of these products are vegan approved.
The only thing I want to add in is a retinoid but that comes later.

MemberMember
(@monroeqt)

Posted : 07/17/2016 5:33 pm

9 hours ago, snarkygirl said:

Hey again :)
I may have posted this before but I'm using GREEN TEA EXTRACT+ SEA BUCKTHORN OIL at the moment and I'm very happy with the results so far . My skin is really calm and smoother. I gave up on the duac and the only thing I'm doing is washing with ground oatmeal, and using those two as a topical twice per day.
A spot treatment that I've teied is Burt's Bees diaper cream with zinc. It really does well on red spots or spots that you've picked at . Weleda has one too.
All of these products are vegan approved.
The only thing I want to add in is a retinoid but that comes later.

Is this a concoction you have made yourself, or is there a specific product that is formulated of those two ingredients? I'm really happy to hear you have found something that is working for you! How long have you been using it?