Notifications
Clear all

How to avoid over washing (while being sporty)?

MemberMember
(@jennifer-cheung)

Posted : 06/01/2016 12:15 pm

Hello everyone!

So recently I've been working out a lot. I have always been an active person who works out on a regular basis. Now summer is here and I don't have school so I kinda work out even more, such as swimming in the afternoon and running at night etc...

I know that it is very important not to over wash the skin lest it would get irritated or dried up, but I feel uncomfortable just washing my face with water since I can get bacteria from the pool or the gym. As a result I just end up washing my face 3x plus sometimes. It feels so sad if I have to cut down these activities because of this reason though...

So I wonder if any of you here have any experience or advice about how to clean the face without doing it too much?

any input greatly appreciated!

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 06/01/2016 4:51 pm

Usually it is recommended to wash your face twice a day. Maybe 3 if you are very oily. But if not then I would suggest that if you need to wash your face three or four times a day then make sure your moisturize. This way the moisturize in your skin is replenished.

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 06/07/2016 11:31 am

Try timing your exercises before you are going to wash anyway. Like in the morning before showering or in the evening before washing up. If you swim you should rinse off anyway cause it's not good to leave chlorine and pool chemicals on your skin.