Notifications
Clear all

I have a date with a girl who only saw me from a distance , she does not know I have scars.

MemberMember
(@freddykrueger)

Posted : 05/31/2016 5:08 pm

So here 's my story. I have a face full of acne scars , which are not perceptible from a long distance .

A girl and I are exchanging glances for a while, but she does not know that I have the scarred face. I find myself beautiful when seen from afar , but up close I have very aged face.

Finally, she added me on facebook and want to meet with me , but I'm afraid to suffer the disappointment of her to see me and not want me any more , because of my ugliness closely. What do you think I should do ? give it up to not suffer this disappointment ? or go ahead and see what will happen ?

Detail: I like this girl.

Sorry for my English mistakes.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/31/2016 5:20 pm

Definitely go on the date!

You will always ask yourself "what if..." if you don't go. Besides...she added you. You really have nothing to lose, just set your expectations low.

fouzi94 liked
MemberMember
(@freddykrueger)

Posted : 05/31/2016 5:30 pm

6 minutes ago, nicmic62 said:

Definitely go on the date!

You will always ask yourself "what if..." if you don't go. Besides...she added you. You really have nothing to lose, just set your expectations low.

Many thanks for the reply.

In fact , we are already exchanging S2 emoticons, we have talked for two weeks already . My will is to ask before : Will you accept me after seeing my scars ?

Now I can not give up, she would be sad , she would be looking for reasons. I can not tell her the real reason.

MemberMember
(@tyler-r)

Posted : 05/31/2016 5:52 pm

15 minutes ago, freddykrueger said:
Many thanks for the reply.

In fact , we are already exchanging S2 emoticons, we have talked for two weeks already . My will is to ask before : Will you accept me after seeing my scars ?

Now I can not give up, she would be sad , she would be looking for reasons. I can not tell her the real reason.

Been through the same thing before, just with acne, not scars. Are your scars icepick or red marks? Icepick scars don't look as bad to me as a face full of active acne, since they are mostly flesh colored.

If you act like the scars don't bother you, she won't notice them. She'll probably think 'Oh, he has some acne scarring' and then continue to enjoy your company IFyou aren't being shy and awkward because of your condition. I've been so scared to go out to bars and stuff because of my skin and I usually end up having a good time once I'm there.

Having a few drinks might help you settle yourself. Plus, it's not like you are a random guy approaching her. She obviously already likes you.

MemberMember
(@freddykrueger)

Posted : 05/31/2016 6:03 pm

My scars =\

scars.jpg

MemberMember
(@freddykrueger)

Posted : 05/31/2016 6:39 pm

47 minutes ago, Tyler R said:
Been through the same thing before, just with acne, not scars. Are your scars icepick or red marks? Icepick scars don't look as bad to me as a face full of active acne, since they are mostly flesh colored.

If you act like the scars don't bother you, she won't notice them. She'll probably think 'Oh, he has some acne scarring' and then continue to enjoy your company IFyou aren't being shy and awkward because of your condition. I've been so scared to go out to bars and stuff because of my skin and I usually end up having a good time once I'm there.

Having a few drinks might help you settle yourself. Plus, it's not like you are a random guy approaching her. She obviously already likes you.

i uploaded the photo above.

MemberMember
(@november13)

Posted : 05/31/2016 7:28 pm

I would not be bothered at all by your scars. I really don't think she will even think about it. You should definitely go for it!

MemberMember
(@freddykrueger)

Posted : 05/31/2016 8:03 pm

34 minutes ago, november13 said:

I would not be bothered at all by your scars. I really don't think she will even think about it. You should definitely go for it!

Thanks man!

MemberMember
(@tocatta)

Posted : 06/01/2016 6:32 am

If she really is a nice girl, she doesn't care your scars. So, you don't have nothing to lose, just go for it!

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 06/01/2016 5:07 pm

Let us know how it goes, were all rooting for you.

Are you working on any scar treatments?

MemberMember
(@monroeqt)

Posted : 06/01/2016 7:18 pm

If she doesn't like you because of your scars, then do you really want a gf like that anyways? If she accepts you for who you are, then you know that she has a good heart. Personally, I think scars on guys are actually kind of attractive. It gives men a rugged appearance that I like =) Good luck!

MemberMember
(@welcomesmirk)

Posted : 06/01/2016 9:53 pm

First impressions are everything. If she only saw you online, it might be a surprise to her, but I guarantee if she saw you in person, even from a distance, and she hits you up, she wants you regardless of your scars.

MemberMember
(@freddykrueger)

Posted : 06/02/2016 8:55 am

15 hours ago, QuanHenry said:

No, I'm not treating the scars. I think many procedures are aggressive or expensive to me. Do you have any tips to give me?

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 06/02/2016 9:26 am

27 minutes ago, freddykrueger said:
16 hours ago, QuanHenry said:

No, I'm not treating the scars. I think many procedures are aggressive or expensive to me. Do you have any tips to give me?

Micro needling is inexpensive, safe, and a lot of users on the scar board have had results. I started doing it 2 weeks ago and I can already see a change. Chemical peels are also a cheap option. I had fraxel laser 17 months ago and it gave me some relief, though lasers are overhyped and overpriced.

MemberMember
(@holdingontohope)

Posted : 06/03/2016 8:41 pm

i would say my scars are similar to yours (i'm a girl) and i beat myself up daily because i hate them. i would not be bothered in the slightest bit. maybe all this time I'm being too hard on myself?

MemberMember
(@irene89)

Posted : 06/04/2016 6:07 pm

Hi there,

I'm a girl and have worse scarring then you. I totally know how much this can effect your dating life. I have remained single for 2 years because I am too ashamed and nervous to date. Honestly... your scars are truly not bad. Even if I had flawless skin... I would not be bothered by your scars. Go for it!

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 06/17/2016 4:48 pm

On 5/31/2016 at 7:03 PM, freddykrueger said:

My scars =\

scars.jpg

honestly wouldn't bother me...at all

On 6/3/2016 at 9:41 PM, holdingontohope said:

i would say my scars are similar to yours (i'm a girl) and i beat myself up daily because i hate them. i would not be bothered in the slightest bit. maybe all this time I'm being too hard on myself?

ill bet you are. I like your posts btw

MemberMember
(@ironmotivation)

Posted : 06/19/2016 9:31 am

Your scars aren't as bad as you make them sound! Girls don't care about that stuff my friend, although if you are mean to her then of course she'll not like you 

On 6/3/2016 at 6:41 PM, holdingontohope said:

You most definitely are being too hard on yourself. For one, scars tell a story. They show you how much you change and mature from your past, one day you'll realize that actually acne has helped you all mature :) 

MemberMember
(@mboat)

Posted : 08/20/2017 5:36 pm

Go for it man ! All the best. Just be yourself and don't show your insecurities!

MemberMember
(@skyesthelimit)

Posted : 08/29/2017 2:23 am

I'd love to know what happened here. haha I'm like a year late but tbh the scars don't bother me at all. Not as worse as what I've seen with other people.

MemberMember
(@rakimaki99)

Posted : 09/25/2019 2:42 pm

Mate what up, how did it go?

MemberMember
(@fvckacne)

Posted : 09/28/2019 8:42 pm

Acne can really do a hit on your self confidence...

That said, fuck it man, confidence is #1. Repeat that to yourself until you believe it. And then roll up those sleeves and hit her up. I've found that to women, a dominant, powerful and charming personality will always win over looks. It's true. Women are generally pretty accepting.

Sure, some chicks are just straight up bitches. But you wouldn't want them anyway. Fuck 'em. As for the rest, get some stride in that step and work it, brother.

That's what I've done, and I'm practically drowning in pussy these days. It's worth it.

And remember, females are just as self-conscious about acne as you might be, maybe more. Because looks are more consequential for them. Don't be ashamed. Life happens and a lot of life is bullshit, but it's all in how you just roll with the punches and stake a claim on what's rightfully yours. Women go through the same thing as you.

If anything, approaching a woman with bad acne just shows you have even more confidence. And that's hot to them.