Notifications
Clear all

What type of acne scars do I have and what's the best treatment in your opinion? 🙂

MemberMember
(@ap7325)

Posted : 05/30/2016 6:06 pm

So I have battled with acne for around 7 years and it has finally cleared up with the help of a dermatologist. But now I have scars all around my face. I've looked up the different types of acne scars and the best treatments but it's hard for me to determine which type my acne scars are. Also what are some treatments that you've use and the cost? :) image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

MemberMember
(@viseslav-tonkovic-capin)

Posted : 05/30/2016 8:17 pm

Looks like you have "box car" and some "ice pick" scars. The best would be to talk with your dermatologist and ask her about Fraxel laser, microneedling and TCA CROSS. Also check Dr. Davin Lim Youtube channel.
Best!

MemberMember
(@metactus)

Posted : 05/30/2016 8:23 pm

I would say you predominantly have rolling and boxcar scars. You may want to wait up to a year if you just came off accutane, as it's possible it can complicate scar treatments. I believe your best approach at first is to use retin-a, microneedle, and a light 15-25% TCA peel in conjunction. Complications are rare and they treat your scar types very well. Here's an example of a regimen you could try. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3996784/

The idea is to cheaply and safely raise scars to skin level. After this, you could consider more expensive options that require a trained dermatological/plastic surgeon. Subscision is more invasive, but complications are rare and can be combined safely with the above modalities. I'd be skeptical of any doctor offering lasers as a first line of defense. Best of luck.

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 05/30/2016 8:25 pm

Ill just leave this here since you are new to this.

MemberMember
(@scarface6556)

Posted : 05/30/2016 11:05 pm

thats not bad at all man. really mild. especially since you didnt provide any pics of the right side of your face, which makes me believe its fine on that side. you have shallow ice pick and some box car scarring. id go for tca peel/cross to start off depending on your skin tone.