Notifications
Clear all

What type of scar? Panicing

MemberMember
(@samuel99)

Posted : 05/30/2016 9:36 am

I thought that this was just red marks before but it seems to be getting deeper.. Is there a possibility that these are real acne scars and that they are permanent?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I appreciate every answer, this is really stressing me out not knowing whether or not it's permanent or if it's a red mark that's gonna heal..

MemberMember
(@scarface6556)

Posted : 05/30/2016 2:13 pm

your fine dude it looks like some actual scarring but sooo shallow and minor itl probably
heal on its own ..

MemberMember
(@samuel99)

Posted : 05/30/2016 2:17 pm

2 minutes ago, ScarFace6556 said:

your fine dude it looks like some actual scarring but sooo shallow and minor itl probably
heal on its own ..

So it's not only red marks but real scarring as well? Isn't it permanent then or how long would it take to heal? :((

MemberMember
(@scarface6556)

Posted : 05/30/2016 2:20 pm

1 minute ago, Samuel99 said:
5 minutes ago, ScarFace6556 said:

heal on its own ..

So it's not only red marks but real scarring as well? Isn't it permanent then or how long would it take to heal? :((

well yeah scarring
is permanent i have scars like that but they dont bother me
because i have worse scars too that actually do bother me

MemberMember
(@samuel99)

Posted : 05/30/2016 2:25 pm

4 minutes ago, ScarFace6556 said:
well yeah scarring
is permanent i have scars like that but they dont bother me
because i have worse scars too that actually do bother me

Oh and you're sure they're real permanent scars those that I have and not only hyper pigmentation?

MemberMember
(@samuel99)

Posted : 05/30/2016 3:10 pm

Anyone else's opinion?

MemberMember
(@scarface6556)

Posted : 05/30/2016 3:34 pm

well dude the scarring you have is like literally nothing. literally 0.00000001% . no one is going to even see that unless they are right in your face and even then its nothing lol

Мyth liked
MemberMember
(@samuel99)

Posted : 05/30/2016 3:59 pm

24 minutes ago, ScarFace6556 said:

well dude the scarring you have is like literally nothing. literally 0.00000001% . no one is going to even see that unless they are right in your face and even then its nothing lol

And the rest, the red dots? Will they go away..?

MemberMember
(@scarface6556)

Posted : 05/30/2016 4:04 pm

5 minutes ago, Samuel99 said:
30 minutes ago, ScarFace6556 said:

And the rest, the red dots? Will they go away..?

yeah man seriously chill you got nothing to worry about ..if i had your skin i wouldnt even be on this site lol

MemberMember
(@needledack)

Posted : 05/30/2016 5:15 pm

scarface6556 is right, you have nothing to worry about. The red marks will eventually go away on their own. As you know, don't pick at the acne, that's how I went from really mild ass acne to fucking infected cysts that left me with scars that fucking haunt me everyday.

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 05/30/2016 6:51 pm

Hard to tell from those pics if they are indented or not. I think I see a couple shallow ones, but ones the pigment is corrected they wont be noticeable. Dont sweat it.

MemberMember
(@samuel99)

Posted : 05/30/2016 7:30 pm

36 minutes ago, QuanHenry said:

Hard to tell from those pics if they are indented or not. I think I see a couple shallow ones, but ones the pigment is corrected they wont be noticeable. Dont sweat it.

The marks were totally flat until recently. Can being in the sun make red marks to scars? Only in certain lights or when I'm sweaty the marks appears as pits.. Could it just be the way my skin heals meanwhile or will I never get back the skin I used to have? and how long would you estimate the marks and pigments to take?

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 05/30/2016 8:09 pm

57 minutes ago, Samuel99 said:
1 hour ago, QuanHenry said:

The marks were totally flat until recently. Can being in the sun make red marks to scars? Only in certain lights or when I'm sweaty the marks appears as pits.. Could it just be the way my skin heals meanwhile or will I never get back the skin I used to have? and how long would you estimate the marks and pigments to take?

The sun will make scars and marks worse but it wouldnt create a scar on it own. Its hard to answer the last 2 questions as everyone is different. Sometimes shallow pitted scars level out after a couple months, or not. The red marks depend on what kind of acne you had and how deep it was. For me some marks are gone in about 4-6 weeks, and cysts last like 8-12 months.

Just be patient and gentle with it. Use sunscreen and youll eventually be fine. If you arent happy with your progress in a couple months come back here and post pics. Untill then just enjoy your summer.

MemberMember
(@samuel99)

Posted : 05/31/2016 4:53 am

8 hours ago, QuanHenry said:
The sun will make scars and marks worse but it wouldnt create a scar on it own. Its hard to answer the last 2 questions as everyone is different. Sometimes shallow pitted scars level out after a couple months, or not. The red marks depend on what kind of acne you had and how deep it was. For me some marks are gone in about 4-6 weeks, and cysts last like 8-12 months.

Just be patient and gentle with it. Use sunscreen and youll eventually be fine. If you arent happy with your progress in a couple months come back here and post pics. Untill then just enjoy your summer.

I never had cysts, only mild acne.. But I believe that the sun exposure for the last couple of days might have made my red marks to pits, is that possible and in that case, those pits will probably never go away right?

image.png

8 hours ago, QuanHenry said:

Some better pictures 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 05/31/2016 8:58 am

Im not a doctor so I cant say with 100% certainty, but I dont think being in the sun can make a red mark scar. A scar is damaged collagen and a mark is extra melanin, the two are not related. Your redmarks look pretty light ao I would expect theyll heal relatively quickly. Yes pitted scars are usually permanent, but like I already said they sometimes heal just fine over the course of a couple months.

MemberMember
(@samuel99)

Posted : 05/31/2016 9:16 am

16 minutes ago, QuanHenry said:

Im not a doctor so I cant say with 100% certainty, but I dont think being in the sun can make a red mark scar. A scar is damaged collagen and a mark is extra melanin, the two are not related. Your redmarks look pretty light ao I would expect theyll heal relatively quickly. Yes pitted scars are usually permanent, but like I already said they sometimes heal just fine over the course of a couple months.

Does it seem like I have pits that will be noticeable after the red marks disappear? I just want to have the nice skin I always had again but perhaps I will never have that..

MemberMember
(@scarface6556)

Posted : 05/31/2016 1:00 pm

3 hours ago, Samuel99 said:
4 hours ago, QuanHenry said:

Does it seem like I have pits that will be noticeable after the red marks disappear? I just want to have the nice skin I always had again but perhaps I will never have that..

dude PLEASE listen to me. your skin is beautiful. the red marks will go away and you will have the flawless skin you want in a few months. me and many others here WISH our skin looked like that

MemberMember
(@samuel99)

Posted : 06/01/2016 4:20 pm

Judging by these new pictures would you say that it's only red marks or permanent scars as well?

image.jpeg

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

MemberMember
(@dan34)

Posted : 06/01/2016 4:24 pm

Looks like we've got another scarface on our hands.

MemberMember
(@samuel99)

Posted : 06/01/2016 5:12 pm

47 minutes ago, Dan34 said:

Is that so? I thought these were red marks

MemberMember
(@scarface6556)

Posted : 06/01/2016 5:48 pm

35 minutes ago, Samuel99 said:
1 hour ago, Dan34 said:

Is that so? I thought these were red marks

thats not what he meant LOL

MemberMember
(@samuel99)

Posted : 06/01/2016 9:08 pm

So what did he mean?

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 06/01/2016 10:35 pm

oh man lmao

MemberMember
(@hopeless87)

Posted : 06/02/2016 12:27 am

the red marks will go away. there are things you can use to help speed up the cell turnover like glycolic acid. i use 10% glycolic acid lotion and it seems to cut the healing time in half.
pitted scarring can be pretty permanent but there are things you can do to help. the indents are actually happening in the collagen, underneath the layers of skin so collagen stimulating products might help, like collagen stimulating anti aging products. people have success with the dermaroller because the needles deep enough into the dermis creating tiny punctures into the skin to stimulate skin repair and cell regeneration. when the body gets an injury or wound, it heals itself by creating new collagen. lasers work in a similar way too. so there is always that. its not like its hopeless.
i would also consider taking vitamin c supplement 1000mg... eat healthy avoiding sugar and junk/processed food, dont smoke cigarettes..

MemberMember
(@samuel99)

Posted : 06/02/2016 4:33 am

Does it actually seem like scar pits or might they go away along with the red marks once it's healed? Or at least become unnoticable