Notifications
Clear all

9th month on Accutane and still breaking out

MemberMember
(@kizarny)

Posted : 05/30/2016 6:05 am

I don't know why it is happening. I'm getting small red spots especially next to my nose. I am not talking about pimples here, but normal red spots. Is it normal? What can I do to get rid of them? Will they leave scars or fade over time without leaving a mark?

MemberMember
(@kizarny)

Posted : 05/31/2016 2:25 pm

Anyone? I don't know what to do.

MemberMember
(@roboricky)

Posted : 06/05/2016 5:24 pm

Most people actually primarily only experience "significant clearance" on accutane, which isn't necessarily the same thing as being completely, 100%, never-a-pimple in sight clear. Even people who "don't have acne" have comedones and a very small blemish every once in a while. Acne is very common these days. With that being said, many people define someone with a few red spots around the nose "completely clear" after an accutane course. It's just the way people define it because perfect skin is unrealistic for anybody achieve. However, that doesn't mean there aren't ways for you to reduce the few breakouts you're experiencing now. Topical retinoids are often prescribed upon completion of accutane therapy, both to sustain and further improvement, and to prevent relapse. I would talk to your derm about a topical retinoid to use after your accutane course is finished.