Notifications
Clear all

Recommendations for Spot Treatment

MemberMember
(@vocabularylover)

Posted : 05/28/2016 1:16 pm

Hi all,

I have tried many spot treatments, but none really seem to wow me. Granted, some do visibly reduce the size of break outs, but I have yet to come across something that zaps them away fast and for good.

I have tried searching for the "best spot treatment", but came across far too many options. I was wondering if there is a certain spot treatment that a lot of people have tried and reviewed?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/29/2016 11:20 am

Well so far there is no known cure for acne so I doubt there is a spot treatment out there that will eliminate acne for good.
The best thing a spot treatment can do is help the spot go down in a few days.

I have a few favorite spot treatments.
1. Acne.org AHA
2. Tretinoin - this would require a prescription
3. Mario Badescu Drying Lotion
4. Mario Badescu Buffering Lotion

Those four really settle my spots quicker than any other treatments. Aside from that I take a daily dose of Zinc which helps.

MemberMember
(@viseslav-tonkovic-capin)

Posted : 05/29/2016 1:35 pm

On 5/28/2016 at 1:16 PM, vocabularylover said:

Hi all,

I have tried many spot treatments, but none really seem to wow me. Granted, some do visibly reduce the size of break outs, but I have yet to come across something that zaps them away fast and for good.

I have tried searching for the "best spot treatment", but came across far too many options. I was wondering if there is a certain spot treatment that a lot of people have tried and reviewed?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Per traditional dermatology teachings no efficacious acne spot treatment exists. This goes along with my experience. Best!

MemberMember
(@monroeqt)

Posted : 05/29/2016 5:22 pm

Desert Essence's blemish touch stick. Best thing ever.