Notifications
Clear all

Moderate-Severe acne scars treatment (Post 2 rounds of fraxel, 3 rounds of and 4 rounds of CO2 laser)

MemberMember
(@azya1001)

Posted : 05/28/2016 10:32 am

image.jpegimage.jpegHi everyone, 

I am a 21 year old Asian-Indian origin female struggling from moderate-severe acne scars. I first battled moderate acne for years before going on a low dosage of accutane (10 mg) for four months after which my breakouts stopped. I haven't had a new pimple in months now (yeeeeaas, thankfully) but I have horrid horrid acne scars all over my cheeks. These are almost impossible to conceal with makeup so I had decided to visit a dermatologist who could help me get rid of these using different techniques. I went through 4 rounds of subcision+ co2 laser over the span of 2 years and I recently (last month) had a fraxel treatment done at a new dermatologist's place. Needless to say after spending all this money, time and effort I have had barely 10-15% improvement in the scars. This is incredibly upsetting and I was wondering if people here who have had scars and have successfully minimised them to a large extent could provide some insight here. I have attached two pictures here. This was the harshest light I could find and my scars do look pretty pretty bad here.
appreciate the input!

Rdnhey liked
MemberMember
(@hope01)

Posted : 05/28/2016 1:50 pm

3 hours ago, Azya1001 said:

image.jpegimage.jpegHi everyone, 

I am a 21 year old Asian-Indian origin female struggling from moderate-severe acne scars. I first battled moderate acne for years before going on a low dosage of accutane (10 mg) for four months after which my breakouts stopped. I haven't had a new pimple in months now (yeeeeaas, thankfully) but I have horrid horrid acne scars all over my cheeks. These are almost impossible to conceal with makeup so I had decided to visit a dermatologist who could help me get rid of these using different techniques. I went through 4 rounds of subcision+ co2 laser over the span of 2 years and I recently (last month) had a fraxel treatment done at a new dermatologist's place. Needless to say after spending all this money, time and effort I have had barely 10-15% improvement in the scars. This is incredibly upsetting and I was wondering if people here who have had scars and have successfully minimised them to a large extent could provide some insight here. I have attached two pictures here. This was the harshest light I could find and my scars do look pretty pretty bad here.
appreciate the input!

Pay a visit to Dr Davin Lim it angers me so much when I see people on here spend so much yet gain so little it's just greed from dermatologists.

MemberMember
(@scarface6556)

Posted : 05/28/2016 2:30 pm

these arent severe they are moderate though. goodluck!

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 05/28/2016 8:54 pm

I don't think it is practical to just recommend going to Dr. Lim. That isn't financially feasible for most people.

You could give TCA Cross a try for the boxcar and ice pick scars, although you should proceed cautiously because of your darker skin tone. For me fillers work well to raise the deeper depressions. If you go the filler route, you pretty much get instant results if they are injected flawlessly. Of course that will have to be repeated indefinitely, but with the longer lasting fillers like Voluma you may be able to go 1-2 years before it needs to be redone. That is absolutely the safest route, because fillers will not make your scars worse. There are permanent fillers, but those come with risks such as lumps and overcorrection that will be extremely hard to fix if your doctor has bad technique or your body rejects them.

MemberMember
(@scarface6556)

Posted : 05/28/2016 11:44 pm

2 hours ago, blahblah82 said:

I don't think it is practical to just recommend going to Dr. Lim. That isn't financially feasible for most people.

You could give TCA Cross a try for the boxcar and ice pick scars, although you should proceed cautiously because of your darker skin tone. For me fillers work well to raise the deeper depressions. If you go the filler route, you pretty much get instant results if they are injected flawlessly. Of course that will have to be repeated indefinitely, but with the longer lasting fillers like Voluma you may be able to go 1-2 years before it needs to be redone. That is absolutely the safest route, because fillers will not make your scars worse. There are permanent fillers, but those come with risks such as lumps and overcorrection that will be extremely hard to fix if your doctor has bad technique or your body rejects them.

i rejected fillers because of the low risk of stroke/permanent blindness...

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 05/29/2016 10:18 am

Your point is? That is such a remote possibility it's pointless. That's only if you inject in the tear troughs. Once again you find a way to make it about you bro. Not constructive or helpful in the least. Is that how you are in real life?

CoconutRough, Rdnhey, UtmostGeese and 1 people liked
MemberMember
(@hope01)

Posted : 05/29/2016 12:18 pm

15 hours ago, blahblah82 said:

I know it isn't but the op originally mentioned she had all these other treatments which must have cost are a few thousand bucks. And if I remember I seen some good before and afters on this type of boxcar scaring.

MemberMember
(@scarface6556)

Posted : 05/30/2016 3:29 am

17 hours ago, blahblah82 said:

Your point is? That is such a remote possibility it's pointless. That's only if you inject in the tear troughs. Once again you find a way to make it about you bro. Not constructive or helpful in the least. Is that how you are in real life?

well honestly yes .. my girl constantly says everything is about me and us and says
vain and narcissistic . anyway, no need to be harsh. im sorry though your right my comment was not needed there and did sound selfish immature and stupid .

Just now, ScarFace6556 said:
well honestly yes .. my girl constantly says everything is about me and not us and says
vain and narcissistic . anyway, no need to be harsh. im sorry though your right my comment was not needed there and did sound selfish immature and stupid .

also blahblah , since you first started treating your scars up until now what type of improvement would you say has been made ? and why dont you opt for permanent fillers ?

MemberMember
(@petpeeve)

Posted : 05/30/2016 7:07 am

20 hours ago, blahblah82 said:

Don't be so harsh on his response. I for one appreciate being made aware of the possibility of a dangerous risk. I think you are the one out of line here. Sorry.

MemberMember
(@azya1001)

Posted : 06/01/2016 9:11 am

Aaaah, so I have had a lot of treatments with two dermatologists - the first treated me with CO2 laser+ subcision for 4 rounds with not considerable improvement between each round but overall improvement of maybe 10-15%. I recently underwent fraxel laser (which is milder) and I feel that that worked much better than subcision and Co2 laser. It's been about 4 weeks since my fraxel treatment at a new dermatologist and I see about 20-25% improvement. It was cheaper too so that's another plus.
I'm very very apprehensive about getting permanent fillers as a they've got a ton of negative heat associated with them. As far as temporary fillers, I would consider them, just every 6-9 months is too much $$ as well as maintenance.
Do you guys think maybe I should go for another round of fraxel and then based on those results decide if I want to go down the filler path? I mean my results with fraxel round 1 are much better than what I got with subcision and Co2 laser!

MemberMember
(@anthonykaka)

Posted : 06/02/2016 6:33 am

azya i think the holes of boxcars and icepick dont fix with laser , i think is better to elevate this scars and then to use laser if you want it

MemberMember
(@jackalfonso)

Posted : 06/02/2016 7:34 am

I think you should consider Surgical Excision then CO2. But make sure that your doctor knows this procedure and done it several times.

MemberMember
(@eurasianaussie)

Posted : 06/03/2016 9:41 am

hope01, are you a patient of doctor lims? Do you even live in brisbane? Because i do. I personally know people who have been his patients and have had no results. Ive even met people who hes scarred. This can happen under any doctor.

Virtually all of his realself reviews are so blantantly, painfully, obviously fake. If you look at the users, theyre all ghost profiles. Even the way theyre written is so sensationalised and unnatural. Its all marketing. Ive only ever seen one independent user review with actual before and after pictures. Its unbelievable how many people just eat it all up.

if people really believe he can do something so magically and starkly different with the identical lasers/techniques/peel solutions all other skilled plastic surgeons and derms have access to, youre delusional.

The only person calling him world reknown is his advertising team and the people online who parrot their advertising like yourself smh

MemberMember
(@scarface6556)

Posted : 06/03/2016 5:43 pm

very interesting posts you guys make. eurasian, care to provide any proof as beautiful mentioned ? i think the scar treatment threads have the most drama out of any of these forums on this site lol

MemberMember
(@azya1001)

Posted : 06/06/2016 2:02 am

I think this conversation is steering somewhere where it really shouldn't. I don't live in Australia so the discussion here is kinda redundant. Anyhoo, I appreciate everbody's responses. I'm going to see my dermatologist tomorrow morning and discuss the possible options of fillers with her!