Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Skincare: May 2016

MemberMember
(@clintonmichael)

Posted : 05/27/2016 2:14 pm

Thought I might try to start an updated thread for skincare on accutane, since new products are constantly coming out and I've never seen a derm that didn't recommend anything other than cetaphil or cerave.

I'm a 26 year old male, I started about a month ago, and my derm recommended the usual cerave etc. I tried them out, and aside from the cerave moisturizing cream in the tub I wasn't really a fan. I didn't feel clean and none of those cleansers removed makeup effectively for me. I did find a few things I thought I'd share that have been working for me though.

the biggest savior has been the Blue Cocoon by May Lindstrom. It has a heafty price tag on it, but it's a literal life saver. It instantly soothes any irritation and dryness, I can't recommend it enough if you're okay with shelling out the $160 for it. It's also all natural, organic, raw, fair trade etc.

I also switched to glamglow's thirstycleanse (the blue one) as my primary cleanser. It feels super hydrating and my skin feels cleansed but not stripped at all.

I've also been using glamglow's powercleanse (the green one with two pumps) on days I wear a lot of makeup or feel particularly gross face wise. It's a little more agressive but by no means drying for me. Definitely not using it daily but it's good for days when a moisturizing cleanser doesn't make you feel clean enough.

still hunting for the best lip balm, sunscreen, and body moisturizer! I'm not someone that's all that worried about prices, I just want to have the smoothest treatment I can. So high end and budget recommendations are all welcome! Coming from incredibly oily skin, this is all new ground for me.

6/2 Edit: my lips finally started splitting yesterday in the corners. I went out last nightand bought the bite beauty agave lip mask and this morning there's a big improvement. All the other balms I tried soaked up and disappeared after 10 minutes, this guy stays on for hours! You also get a large amount of product for the price.

MemberMember
(@diamond98)

Posted : 05/28/2016 2:43 pm

Christina Moss Organic Facial Moisturizer. Definitely not as high quality as what your are currently using, but it has worked very well for me. Goes on great and keeps my skin nice for quite some time. Also helped me with oilyness too.

MemberMember
(@clintonmichael)

Posted : 06/02/2016 6:01 am

On May 28, 2016 at 3:43 PM, Diamond98 said:

Christina Moss Organic Facial Moisturizer. Definitely not as high quality as what your are currently using, but it has worked very well for me. Goes on great and keeps my skin nice for quite some time. Also helped me with oilyness too.

I'll check it out! I'm more into going a more organic route of possible, but if it works I'll try anything.