Oily skin from stre...

Notifications
Clear all

Oily skin from stress and inadequate sleep!

MemberMember
(@stressedout)

Posted : 05/27/2016 4:02 am

So im new in here i made my account here because i recently developed oily face.only in my face. I started noticing it when im very stressed out,depressed and then suddenly developed insomia. Now im on a cycle. Up to now im experiencing this oily face. How can i stop this plss help me....

MemberMember
(@stressedout)

Posted : 05/27/2016 9:09 pm

Plssss help!?

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 06/07/2016 11:40 am

Hi...how old are you? Many people especially women get oily skin because of hormone changes. If you've just hit puberty that's one possible reason but if not your hormones can change at any time. Stress can make anything worse. Are you having hot flashes or panic attacks?

MemberMember
(@stressedout)

Posted : 06/13/2016 2:36 am

Hi snarkygirl thanks for the reply im a male 18 so i dont have hot flashes i guess haha. I never had this oily problem since i started being emotionally stressed out because of my grades in school then after that i started getting pimples. now thats what makes me stressed out i cant sleep properly because of depression. I think the stress is the main factor that is making my face so oily. And i remember i used tretinoin because i get chicken pox marks on face another thing that made me of my stressed out. Do you think tretinoin has something todo will oily skin?
Thank you very much for the reply how you can help me. you dont believe how stressed iam. Im like thinking those suicidal thoughts cause i cant handle this problem : (

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 06/13/2016 7:52 am

5 hours ago, StressedOut!! said:

Hi snarkygirl thanks for the reply im a male 18 so i dont have hot flashes i guess haha. I never had this oily problem since i started being emotionally stressed out because of my grades in school then after that i started getting pimples. now thats what makes me stressed out i cant sleep properly because of depression. I think the stress is the main factor that is making my face so oily. And i remember i used tretinoin because i get chicken pox marks on face another thing that made me of my stressed out. Do you think tretinoin has something todo will oily skin?
Thank you very much for the reply how you can help me. you dont believe how stressed iam. Im like thinking those suicidal thoughts cause i cant handle this problem : (

hu, yes stress can cause surges in hormones like adrenaline and cortisol which make skin more oily...even if its a little more. Most panic and depression is caused by brain chemicals rather than anything you are doing. I noticed when I have nightmares I get racing heartbeat and also wake up with more skin oil.
For you, try eating a healthy diet ( low on sugary junk and dairy, those two things cause more oil production) and wash with a gentle soap. I really like Cetaphil antibacterial bar. Oh and try drinking flavored water rather than sugary drinks. Hole this helps!
Luckily the majority of males grow out of acne and oily skin around age 20-25.

MemberMember
(@stressedout)

Posted : 06/13/2016 8:57 pm

thank you very much..Lastly, do you think if i reduce my stress will the oil will decrease?

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 06/13/2016 9:05 pm

I think so...also as your hormones settle from going between adolescent to adult, it should reduce as well.

I think so...also as your hormones settle from going between adolescent to adult, it should reduce as well.

11 minutes ago, StressedOut!! said:

thank you very much..Lastly, do you think if i reduce my stress will the oil will decrease?

11 minutes ago, StressedOut!! said:

MemberMember
(@stressedout)

Posted : 06/13/2016 9:21 pm

But i only recently experienced this i think 2-3 months ago? Is it possible to have this in 18 years old? The wholelife i dont experience this thing. I think if its hormonal it must be started earlier like 13 years old?

MemberMember
(@ugurl)

Posted : 06/13/2016 9:53 pm

Try and keep your face moisturized. Your skin could be pushing the oil production into overdrive because your face isn't moisturized enough. So try and get a non comedogenic moisturizer such as CeraVe. Apply it at night and in the morning you could also invest in some wipes that will help you take care of that oil.

MemberMember
(@stressedout)

Posted : 06/13/2016 11:15 pm

I think thats not my case i already try to moisturize it and use only water to wash my face but nothing happens. I think its more internal because the thing i only remember before getting this oily problem is stressing emotionally too much.

Ugurl liked
MemberMember
(@ugurl)

Posted : 06/14/2016 12:08 am

52 minutes ago, StressedOut!! said:

I think thats not my case i already try to moisturize it and use only water to wash my face but nothing happens. I think its more internal because the thing i only remember before getting this oily problem is stressing emotionally too much.

Oh okay. Sorry I couldnt help more. But besides searching ways to lower your stress levels, check out this list: http://www.bustle.com/articles/96389-5-foods-that-can-make-your-skin-greasy-and-when-you-should-avoid-them

MemberMember
(@ugurl)

Posted : 06/14/2016 2:33 am

2 hours ago, Ugurl said:
Oh okay. Sorry I couldnt help more. But besides searching ways to lower your stress levels, check out this list:  http://www.bustle.com/articles/96389-5-foods-that-can-make-your-skin-greasy-and-when-you-should-avoid-them

I just remembered. Please check out Lush Cosmetics, They have incredible natural and vegan products. I love their tea tree water toner spray, it has grapefruit and juniper berry and diluted tea tree oil. It is specifically for oily skin and I think it could really help you :) I spritz it on before leaving home and its not only nice and refreshing, it helps keep oiliness at bay :D I got it a while ago but i believe it was around $15-$20.