Notifications
Clear all

Did proactive work for any of you?

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 05/25/2016 8:50 am

Sorry if this is a dumb question...if it worked you'd not likely be on here but just curious, has proactive actually worked at all or reduced acne for anybody?

MemberMember
(@monroeqt)

Posted : 05/31/2016 6:13 am

No. I hate proactive with a passion. I just irritated me more.

On 5/25/2016 at 8:50 AM, snarkygirl said:

Sorry if this is a dumb question...if it worked you'd not likely be on here but just curious, has proactive actually worked at all or reduced acne for anybody?

MemberMember
(@i-hate-acne)

Posted : 06/01/2016 1:40 am

Nope. I've been using proactiv since Judith Light was their spokesperson(late 90's) and 3-4 more times afterwards. And it never worked. The thing that really irritated me was how strangers would come up to me and say "hey, you ever try proactiv? you should try it!" smh.

MemberMember
(@just-smile)

Posted : 06/16/2016 1:40 pm

I used it for a while when I was in highschool. It worked extremely well for the first few months then I guess my skin just became used to it or maybe they changed the ingredients because after about four or five months I was back to dealing with break outs again. But every persons skin is different. I have a few good friends who swear by proactiv, but I for one am not a huge fan of it.

MemberMember
(@kari1987)

Posted : 06/17/2016 8:39 pm

Proactive worked for me when I was 13. But then I tried it again when I was 20 and it didn't work on my adult acne.

MemberMember
(@funnyguy69)

Posted : 06/18/2016 6:09 pm

Proactive didn't work for me at all. My skin was the same when using it and after I decided to give up I ended up having a massive breakout.

MemberMember
(@oldbooksandcats)

Posted : 06/23/2016 6:18 pm

nope, didn't work

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/12/2016 11:46 pm

Proactiv is the devil!!!! Dont even think about using that stuff!

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 07/13/2016 10:06 am

Lol yup everyone seems to concur :)

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 07/13/2016 1:35 pm

3 hours ago, snarkygirl said:

Lol yup everyone seems to concur :)

Hey it was worth asking our community so not a dumb question! |::)

MemberMember
(@sosickofzitz)

Posted : 08/07/2016 11:40 am

I actually had a good experience with proactive when I was younger (teenage years). I haven't tried the actual brand now that I'm older (25) but I have done acnefree and it's too drying for my skin now. if you're interested in trying it but don't want to spend the money, I'd recommend getting the generic store brand. almost everywhere has their own (walmart, target, walgreens) and it's only around 10 to 12 dollars.

MemberMember
(@lulularis)

Posted : 08/18/2016 5:44 pm

Not for me and I really gave it a shot. Tried two separate times and then I moved onto R&F (owned by same co I believe). Don't know why I was so confident it would work. but it didn't. Only thing that has worked for me so far is Ninja Skincare. Good luck.