Notifications
Clear all

Shallow indented scarring

MemberMember
(@sp12)

Posted : 05/24/2016 5:29 pm

Hi everyone,

I had a horrible breakout during the summer of 2014. During this period I didn't really use the best methods to try to get rid of the acne. 

I thought it was more of a yeast related issue. I tried various antifungal treatments which helped but due to the drying/flaking affects, I felt my skin didn't heal very well. 

Now I am left with uneven texture and some shallow pits. Don't get me wrong, I know it could be much worse but this is making me really unhappy. I'd rather have some acne with healthy skin than this. Even when I apply makeup, it doesn't go on smoothly. I've tried using a filling primer but that just makes it look cakey.

I was wondering whether someone can help me identify what kind of scarring I have and what I can do about it. 

I don't want to do anything too high risk or invasive. 

I have tried my best to capture the extent of the scarring but have used my phone camera which isn't the most clearest. It is much worse in real life, I feel as though I have also lost some plumpness in my cheeks. 

20160328_175142.jpg20160328_175150.jpg

MemberMember
(@sp12)

Posted : 05/26/2016 4:26 pm

Anyone? Would really appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.

MemberMember
(@viseslav-tonkovic-capin)

Posted : 05/26/2016 7:54 pm

The best would be that you see a dermatologist for prescription tretinoin cream, and/or: microneedling, Fraxel laser, dermabrasion or TCA peel.
Best!

MemberMember
(@sp12)

Posted : 06/13/2016 10:22 am

Thank you for the response Viselav.

The reason why I am reluctant to go to a dermatologist is because they haven't been very helpful in the past. Particularly with relation to the acne/fungus issue I had.

I also believe it is better to get advice from people who have/are experiencing similar issues themselves. This is something a dermatologist is unable to provide me with. I have lost a great deal of faith and trust in doctors. Particularly when it comes to skin related issues. I think dermatologists can sometimes be motivated purely by making money.

MemberMember
(@ugurl)

Posted : 06/13/2016 5:54 pm

Maybe it is the picture, but as hard as I've tried to find scarring, I can't! I think your issue is indentations, and there really aren't any at home remedies for those unfortunately. Good news is that even your indentations appear relatively mild :) I know you don't want to do anything invasive, but it will be a good idea to consult a dermatologist just to see what your options are. As for primer, have you tried smash box? They make some really nice silicone based primers that make your skin nice and smooth for make up application! 

MemberMember
(@sp12)

Posted : 06/13/2016 6:45 pm

Ugurl, thank you for your response. 

If by scarring you mean pigmentation, then no, I don't have any. 

But I definitely have indents. What would you say is the difference between just indents as opposed to scarring?

I think what I have kind of looks more like scarred pores. There are a few wider and deeper ones which I am considering filler for. Apparently this can help with the production of collagen and fill in the indents over time with continued use. 

For primer I have tried benefits porefessional. I don't think this does much in terms of a smoother makeup application though. If anything it looks cakey and uneven. I'll have a look into smashbox primers. Thanks for the suggestion. 

It's so depressing! Especially since I always had perfect skin prior to this so I am finding it particularly difficult to come to terms with this. I think it is also making me look more aged :(

MemberMember
(@dramalillama)

Posted : 11/10/2016 11:00 pm

you have such beautiful skin! What do you mean?? I can only  see some very mild scarring which would barely even come up as anything , maybe only in certain lighting it seems worse?  Don't stress too much <3

I wouldn't use any laser related things like fraxel, maybe just a retinoid. I feel like it'll heal itself with more time :)